POLL: Players in plat+ should only be allowed to queue SOLO in ranked

POLL: Players in plat+ should only be allowed to queue SOLO in ranked  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should plat+ be only allowed to queue solo in ranked?

• Yes, plat+ should be solo only
    • No, keep duo for plat+

VOTE NOW!

I think most people will agree that players in platinum+ rating (1500 and higher) should only be allowed to queue SOLO in ranked. So please vote so that we can show ANet and ask them for change. 

Currently 2 good players can just play duo during off-peak times when nobody good is playing, farming low rated players. 

This is bad for the leaderboard and bad gameplay for lower rated and newer players. Newer players will keep quitting PvP because they get farmed by these duos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Can a plat player duo with a smurf bronze player and get matched against a worse team, making it easier to win? Is that the issue with duo'ing?

If so then you can just implement a point difference cap. Only players within 100-200(?) points of each other can duo.

Edited by Langeball.9351

32 minutes ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

How do you know that? 

the Names on leaderboars on NA have been the same for 5 years, so if this ppl are not quitting and population is getting smaller, it can only be the new players quitting

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Langeball.9351 said:

Can a plat player duo with a smurf bronze player and get matched against a worse team, making it easier to win? Is that the issue with duo'ing?

If so then you can just implement a point difference cap. Only players within 100-200(?) points of each other can duo.

It already happens and that would also be solved by the proposal...

4 hours ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

How do you know that? 

I think its just you getting farmed lol

Yeah I'm totally getting farmed with my 66% win rate this season.

• Confused 2

44 minutes ago, Unknown.6851 said:

Even if the vote was a resounding yes, this is anet we're talking about, good luck getting them onboard 

Wouldn't dismiss it so quickly, polls like this are the reason why Ranked is limited to solo/duo, when it used to be open to full premades. 

14 hours ago, Pttf.2467 said:

the Names on leaderboars on NA have been the same for 5 years

thats just wrong, alot top players from 5 years ago quit.

14 hours ago, Pttf.2467 said:

if this ppl are not quitting and population is getting smaller, it can only be the new players quitting

top players are quitting, also how can you assume that its just new players that quit? could also be gold 1 players who quit no?

Anyway since you need to level to 20 before you can do ranked, i think the bigger issue for new players is that you can and will get matched vs tryhard 5 stacks in unranked.

If new player quit because they get farmed by veterans than because they get farmed by 5 stacks in unranked before even beeing able to try ranked.

Posted (edited)

It was like that for an amount of time, they changed it. People (including me) complained that they cannot play with friends. Understandable as long as playing with friends does not mean abusing mm or even wintrading. I am not sure what to do here. At this point playerbase is so low.,that you still can abuse mm and wintrade with just solo queuing at same time as your "friends". 

Edited by phixion.9428

Posted (edited)

Nothing wrong with duos, its again the MMR. If plats are locked against plats, the duo will have so much less impact around players of equal skill/fotm/counter spec choice. The same effect would be achieved at lower elos. I could deal with/deny area to a G3 roam duo on solo support, if I have a decent G3 group fighting team mate to play off.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

36 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Nothing wrong with duos, its again the MMR. If plats are locked against plats, the duo will have so much less impact around players of equal skill/fotm/counter spec choice. The same effect would be achieved at lower elos. I could deal with/deny area to a G3 roam duo on solo support, if I have a decent G3 group fighting team mate to play off.

it would be nice, but unplayable at sometimes for plat ppl

20 minutes ago, Pttf.2467 said:

Or more people will be able to get into plat and because of that increase. And maybe some more people willingly to play increasing numbers too 🤷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pttf.2467 said:

46 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Or more people will be able to get into plat and because of that increase. And maybe some more people willingly to play increasing numbers too 🤷

Exactly.

The current system is absolutely parasitical.. check the current top 250 players, around 90% of them are playing minimum games only. That does not tell you how many are off-peak duo or Q dodging, but the fact that they only play minimum games has this effect: Many people who would be plat (they are geneuine plat skill level) are playing more games, shafted by the MMR, and are in gold, where they can then be placed in same games as even bronze. Top 250 really just shows you who are mostly avoiding games, which reduces the plat playerbase at best (which widens MMR futher), and are parasite que dodgers at worse, famring half skilled players. The only people who suffer to MMR lock are the majority of top 250 players (and those playing like that to try and get into top 250). Everybody else gets a better game with locked MMR.. so fk em.

Also, locked elo would mean reduced point loss. Even in g3, I was getting +6 wins and -17 losses.. which is rediculous. You need a 75% win rate to climb, which is not possible when every other games is a lottery of who gets the most plat roamers. But then, when you get to g3 I think the algorythm makes it much less likely the plat player will be on your team.. so if youre not p2 true skill level, gl.

Edited by Flowki.7194

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

It can be two things… 

When you have something like Boyce and Sindrener duoq, what are the odds they will face another duo of the same MMR? 

Your proposed solution also doesn’t solve it because there’s such a huge skill difference between 1750 and 1550

Edited by Clumsy.7926

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Clumsy.7926 said:

When you have something like Boyce and Sindrener duoq, what are the odds they will face another duo of the same MMR? 

Happens often enough that you have 2 high ranked duos queuing at same time and still do not get in the same match. You see that even more when following streamers. For example Naru duo vs. Grim duo. Boyce  duo vs ...

3 hours ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

wintrading is not a big issue. it happens every now and then but its not that much of an issue like some players tell you

People tell a lot of stuff when the day is long

Edited by phixion.9428

On 5/5/2024 at 7:49 PM, Clumsy.7926 said:

Newer players will keep quitting PvP because they get farmed by these duos.

New players quit due PvP being unrewarding and their time will be better spent, elsewhere, maybe WvW where they don't have to wait 2-5 minutes to get a match, also:

-It take days to fill a reward track, and the prizes are not even that good considering the amount of time it takes;

-Pip chests gives limited PvP league tickets, and they also take way too long to fill, specially for new player that most likely are losing most matches;

-New players get locked in unrakend till they reach lvl 20, meaning they not getting much rewards thus have no reason to stay around unless they really enjoy sPvP.

On topic: limiting plat+ players would not fix matchmaking which is the major issue in sPvP

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

New players quit due PvP being unrewarding and their time will be better spent, elsewhere, maybe WvW where they don't have to wait 2-5 minutes to get a match, also:

-It take days to fill a reward track, and the prizes are not even that good considering the amount of time it takes;

-Pip chests gives limited PvP league tickets, and they also take way too long to fill, specially for new player that most likely are losing most matches;

-New players get locked in unrakend till they reach lvl 20, meaning they not getting much rewards thus have no reason to stay around unless they really enjoy sPvP.

On topic: limiting plat+ players would not fix matchmaking which is the major issue in sPvP

Most of us Pvpers started pvping when there was basically no rewards for playing ranked or unranked. Pretty sure some people lived in hotjoin to duel or watch duels.

The rewards in the way you explain it, can be an issue but it fixing that wont fix the main problem. The game mode itself is too toxic on more than one front. Players are fed up with the game and become jaded and toxic. (Im one of them) The matchmaking doesnt work because of the low population. People are not really punished often for bad behavior whatever that may be. The game isnt so simple these days as it was in the past as well, so players who are newer will just be overwhelmed and rolled over by better players on better builds.

Edited by Endorphin.9147