POLL: Players in plat+ should only be allowed to queue SOLO in ranked

POLL: Players in plat+ should only be allowed to queue SOLO in ranked  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Should plat+ be only allowed to queue solo in ranked?

• Yes, plat+ should be solo only
    • No, keep duo for plat+

41 minutes ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

New players quit due PvP being unrewarding and their time will be better spent, elsewhere, maybe WvW where they don't have to wait 2-5 minutes to get a match, also:

-It take days to fill a reward track, and the prizes are not even that good considering the amount of time it takes;

-Pip chests gives limited PvP league tickets, and they also take way too long to fill, specially for new player that most likely are losing most matches;

-New players get locked in unrakend till they reach lvl 20, meaning they not getting much rewards thus have no reason to stay around unless they really enjoy sPvP.

On topic: limiting plat+ players would not fix matchmaking which is the major issue in sPvP

Of course the rewards are less, PvPers don’t need ascended gear, agony resistance or food.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Clumsy.7926 said:

Of course the rewards are less, PvPers don’t need ascended gear, agony resistance or food.

They should just remove all sort of reward and progression around PvP, so farmers can go away and true pvpers can finally shine

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Clumsy.7926 said:

I am mainly pvp but I am slowly getting as side quest leggy stuff and such due to pvp mainly ^^. Because I tend to use it from times in WvW, pve too.

So no excuses 

43 minutes ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

They should just remove all sort of reward and progression around PvP, so farmers can go away and true pvpers can finally shine

Yes exactly, now you're making sense. Keep the PvE farmers out of it if they can't fix the matching issues. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Clumsy.7926 said:

It can be two things… 

When you have something like Boyce and Sindrener duoq, what are the odds they will face another duo of the same MMR? 

Your proposed solution also doesn’t solve it because there’s such a huge skill difference between 1750 and 1550

I understand that, but true skill p1 players stand a FAR better chance against those players than true golds. I was genuinely in g1 a couple seasons back and got matched with Boyce 3 games in a row, he was top 5 on SLB. Is anybody going to justify that kind of MMR?? The MMR is so bad I don't even know what my true skill level actually is.. g2? g3? p1? who the fk knows.

The game has never changed. I mostly sit at G3, and its always the same old kitten anywhere near off peak... a duo p1-3 plat hard riding the latest power romaing fotm, be it scrappesa, holos, SLBs, w/e.. different specs, same kitten, nuking unorganised golds from 100-0 in 3 seconds.

I understand what you are saying, I do.. but the MMR is 90% of this sPVP problems. There are always going to be fotm builds, but that does not matter quite as much when players are closer to same skill levels. Again, having a constant flow of similar skilled dps on my team would also allow me to play full support, which unclocks the ability for others to play less mobile group fighters.

The game is currenly in a horrendous position of power roamers absolutely dominating, which is bad, becuase power already had the general advantedge over all condi builds. I personally beleive a locked MMR would bring supports back into play, and knock roamers down a peg, which they desperately need. Not having equally skilled DPS to support vs enemy DPS is 100% the reason I don't play much support anymore, and I dare say its what stops many others playing it.

Duo would also be better balanced if it forced one duo per team. If that leads to logner ques for the duos then so be it.. que solo. I don't think removing the ability for 2 friends to play together is good, becuase not all duo's are no lifer off peakers. I think most of the current top players in this game are cowards, why should everybody who may get to plat with a locked MMr, lose the ability to play with a friend becuase of those fkers?

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1

They could just have a single season without premades.
If premades are not giving a massive advantage/boosting ain't an issue the ladder will look more or les the same we can finally drop the premade topic once and for all.
If the ladder looks completely different and people who are currently high gold/plat end up lower than usual or avoid the season all together i think we'll be into something.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Even league, a game with way more players, has quoQ banned for high rank players

Abusing the terrible matchmaking of this game by doing plat duoQ is literally anti competitive (and the ones that do this and then complain 🤡)

DuoQ plat should ALWAYS be playing against ANOTHER duoQ plat team, even if their Qs are longer for them, no one cares, most players don't do that and they're just making the pvp worse by abusing this terrible matchmaking.

Edited by Zekent.3652
  • Thanks 2