"The Midnight King" Is Now Live!

1 hour ago, quake.9023 said:

i hope they learn alot from this first small expansion. and actually listen and give what players want especially after 12years. 

I have been thinking: what alternatives do they have, if this is the overall quantity they can produce over a year?

• They could split up the next expansion into four equally large content drops, meaning the first one will be a lot smaller than SotO's core release.
  • They could stop adding QoL updates so they can put more resources into the playable content.

Would any of these options be preferable over what happened during SotO? 🤔 

Ideally, we would get 2-3 content drops the size and quality of the SotO core release, but I am afraid this is an unrealistic expectation.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I have been thinking: what alternatives do they have, if this is the overall quantity they can produce over a year?

• They could split up the next expansion into four equally large content drops, meaning the first one will be a lot smaller than SotO's core release.
  • They could stop adding QoL updates so they can put more resources into the playable content.

Would any of these options be preferable over what happened during SotO? 🤔 

Ideally, we would get 2-3 content drops the size and quality of the SotO core release, but I am afraid this is an unrealistic expectation.

This is what gets me. When SOTO dropped and it was small, with a ton of reused assets and precious little gameplay, we were told to stop complaining, because the "expansion" was actually going to be 4 separate drops of content. We'd get what we wanted, we just weren't going to get it all at once.

Now we've seen what little there is to these additional content drops, and if anything it's worse than we feared.

This is going to be more of a wasteland than POF once the dust settles. Because why would anyone go back to this content, apart from getting the legendary armour? Sub-par metas. Rifts that are brainless and painful. Convergences that offer virtually no rewards for the time investment. Personally I'll be glad to see the back of it, even if the next expansion is likely to be more of the same.

This is the delivery timetable that ANET wanted, don't forget. We didn't ask for this, they said this is what they would do. They either need to change tack from this point on, or they need to get more resources working on it. Because all they are doing at the moment is alienating large chunks of their players.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kranlor Greyhelm.8417 said:

This is what gets me. When SOTO dropped and it was small, [...]

You might have misunderstood my previous post. I consider the SotO core release to have been a proper, successful content drop (apart from the mind-numbingly boring Rift Hunts, that is 😉).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1