*blinks in Lock On nerf*

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

Azure taking backstabs from his own kind rn

Dunno why people want to just not have counters like it'll exist like that forever and they won't get the torches and pitchforks pointed at them immediately

Not having foresight is bronze energy ngl

Recognize patterns, part of being a thief is knowing when to leave 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Yah, man. I came back after 6 years of not playing gw2. I play engie and did scrapper first and then went holo. I was starting to get some traction with holo and it got nerfed! Now, it's not awful after the changes, I hope, but thieves used to be the ONE class that engie was a counter to.

On 5/22/2024 at 9:37 PM, magickthief.6492 said:

Yeah, you deserve a confused face for this one, this trait has been in need of nerfing for about 5 years or more now. We can only hope they do more.

I like this because it literally proves how many "pvp engis" there are compared to pve engis

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, magickthief.6492 said:

I like this because it literally proves how many "pvp engis" there are compared to pve engis

Did you reply to yourself because you, ironically, hold the comment for most confused face reactions in this thread, so you decided to double down? 😂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Frequency.6407 said:

Be very very afraid if your class got passively buffed due to its counter getting nerfed. Because next patch your class will be facing a lot of attention and might result in even bigger nerfs.

Dw we still got spellbreakers and dragonhunters and sic' em soulbeasts and the like

I'm only slightly concerned because they didn't -have- to change lock on, but they did for..what, exactly?  Kinda seems like something they should have tapped a little bit instead of a 4 second reduction. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Dw we still got spellbreakers and dragonhunters and sic' em soulbeasts and the like

I'm only slightly concerned because they didn't -have- to change lock on, but they did for..what, exactly?  Kinda seems like something they should have tapped a little bit instead of a 4 second reduction. 

People have been asking for the passive effects of Lock on to be nerfed/removed/completely changed for years. Every other such passive “carry” trait has been discontinued, yet Holosmith has remained as the most outrageous spec when it comes to having a FULL kit of versatility to cover every and any vulnerability. Not to even mention but their burst was high enough to be able to 1 shot a 2200+ Toughness warrior. Do you not think that is broken completely? Now add in the fact that any Holosmith in Holo mode that lands 1 single AOE fragment damage while being completely aimless might I add, forces that unfortunate thief or mesmer to go completely flat footed in a long lasting reveal, and then immediately follows up with ANY CC, double that reveal to 12 seconds while eating full bursts with additional CC. It was absolutely obnoxious, and needed to go with all of the other passives years ago. Better now than never! 

Also - I’d like to add that even the master complainer himself said that he didn’t realize how that trait worked and when he tested it and found out it has two separate triggers every 20 seconds that both reveal be admitted “Wow, I didn’t know that. Yep, that’s pretty broken. 🤷‍♂️ Oh well.” This was years ago, we are way past due.

Edited by JosephKatz.9375
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Kinda surprised to see the nerf to the like, one good reveal left in the game and then nothing in June patch about changing the reveal skills in general.

Even though the patch is about buffing underused and underpowered skills, when most reveals are exactly that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2