Jailbreak and No One Needs Another Nourys Achievements broken

Posted (edited)

I can confirm this at least for Jailbreak achi, at first it was going fine but now it has stopped at 66% (12/18) and it's not advancing anymore.  

Edit: "No One Needs Another Nourys" achi bugged as well...

Edited by Zaraki.5784

Just wondering if anyone has any info on this. I know some ppls have finished the achievement so is it affecting some ppls and not others, or did it break after one of the patches or what . . ?

FWIW my past couple of runs have advanced these cheeves. Reminds me of the repeatable Knaebelag bug from last release. Every once in a while you'd lose progress on the repeatable cheeve, but it became less and less common as the release wore on. Who knows . . ?

I was able to finish them both but it did take several runs on each side.  the Jailbreak one took a lot longer, killing the specified mobs and locks did not give credit a lot of times.

On 5/27/2024 at 5:46 AM, Zaraki.5784 said:

I can confirm this at least for Jailbreak achi, at first it was going fine but now it has stopped at 66% (12/18) and it's not advancing anymore.  

Edit: "No One Needs Another Nourys" achi bugged as well...

Yes exactly the same for me, from 12/18 have run half a dozen times without progress....

• 2 weeks later...

Still an issue for me - I'm at "No one needs another Nourys" 2/18 still since release week when I first did it. Have done both towers today, neither tower progressed. Caught that I had 65% participation when I was doing the southern tower (hatchery) when it didn't advance (in case that helps)

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to complete these achievements after initially having trouble with them, and I believe they are "bugged" in a weird way: they are certainly obtainable, but receiving credit for them is not implemented in an expected and/or usual way.

Usually, to get credit for killing/destroying something, you just need to tag it and you'll receive credit when it dies.
However, in some rare cases it doesn't work that way - instead, only a limited number of players receive credit for the kill.

I'm not sure how it's determined - the first/last N players to hit? The N players with the highest damage?
But I would guess it's the same issue as e.g. Hologram Stampede minions not giving credit for everyone:

The symptoms are the same: it's like there are only e.g. 10 credits to give for killing the thing, so if there are 20 people hitting it, only 10 will get credit, leading to the issues presented here where sometimes you get progress, sometimes not.

What worked for me is to go full support, since playing support makes it so you get shared credit for killing things.
As a DPS I had trouble getting credit, but as a healer I consistently got plenty every run (7+ progression), and it worked for both achievements.

Which is why I believe ANet are not addressing this: you can get credit and you can complete the achievements, so it does not look bugged. It's just that when there are too many players, some won't get credit.
So if testing is only done with one character or a small group, you just won't be able to reproduce the bug.

Conclusion/TLDR: if you want to consistently get credit, play as a healer if you can (maybe boonDPS would work too). The requirements to get credit will be much laxer than for pure DPS.

• Thanks 1