Suffused obsidian - multiple bugs

1. Nayos metas dont seems to always count towards the 3 metas

2. World bosses in Tyria are iffy if they count.

3. The RIFT ENERGY buff resets (not sure why, some on character change, some on map change).

This last on is totally unacceptble, you can grind rifts for a couple of hours and lose all progress.....I just had nearly 200 buff, and lost it all when changing map.

You need to fix this ANET and fix it in a way that does not make people regrind, if necessary send EVERYONE one of the items that lets them skip this one part of the achv.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I can confirm that rift energy stacks progress is lost. I was over halfway done when I noticed my stacks reset. Not only did it reset, but the buff icon is gone as if I never started it.

I also concur that this is unacceptable. Multiple T3 motivations wasted now.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Abyss.8643 said:

After my charges were reset down to 4 from 230, I did 2 T2 rifts and the achievement step completed.  So this might be a visual bug? Either way, unacceptable.

I know I had at least 100+ and it magically disappeared somewhere.  I just did two T1 and two T3's and it popped so it is a visual bug.

3 hours ago, Cameirus.8407 said:

3. The RIFT ENERGY buff resets (not sure why, some on character change, some on map change).

I've got the same bug.
After a failed meta in the new part of Nayos, I found out that the counter was absent. Tried to close a rift, and saw the counter appear: 4. I was at 80+ maybe be 90. It's absolutly mind crushing to see all this unfun grind deleted randomly. I don't even dare to try to restart, in case the bug happens again...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cameirus.8407 said:

Same. I did some after work, up to 180ish. Logged off for dinner, came back just now all gone. Did one to see if it was a visual, now at 4. 

This makes me sad. Thumbs down.

• Like 2

My RIFT ENERGY Buff stays at 250 the whole Time, I try 3  Convergences in one in normal and 2 Challenge Mode, then i try Rift-Hunting in Bloodstone Feen, Malchor's Leap, Amnytas, Skywatch and Nayos . After 2 Hours doing Stuff the Buff  stays at 250. Now I'm lost....

Posted (edited)

Adding another bug to the list. I've killed 2 core Tyria world bosses, and after I went to the map of a 3rd boss the counter suddenly went to 4. I'm now unable to finish this step because it bypassed the 3rd boss. The counter now goes up permanently by 2 every time I swap to a map that has a world boss whether it's there or not.

https://imgur.com/zEfO2A9

Edited by Bovan.9481

3 hours ago, fusioncon.3269 said:

also good luck to anyone who decides to engage with this achievement on multiple characters, because your buffs will be all over the place and not at all representative of your actual progress

That's what I don't get: progress bar on the achievement page were a good addition, and now we're using buffs to track them...

"If something works, don't change it".

• Like 1

I got hit by this bug as well, but I can confirm that it's purely visual. I was at 102 stacks, went to Inner Nayos and noticed by stacks got "reset". I did 3 more T3s and I got my 250.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Canter.2859 said:

I can confirm that it's purely visual.

you can confirm it in your case, for me after dozens of rifts it stayed at 250. As I described it above.

Edited by Arjuna.3894
something missing

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 3:09 PM, Cameirus.8407 said:

2. World bosses in Tyria are iffy if they count.

I just finished Teq and got a "3" on the world boss icon with no achievement progression (it was my last step).  When I relogged, the icon remained with no number (reset to 1?).

So, I relogged and got a "3" again on the icon.  I did another world boss (Modniir Ulgoth) and got credit.  Achievement completed.

Edited by PepeLePewPew.2107
follow up

Posted (edited)

Also just got the bug with Rift Energy. Counter was at 168 then disappeared. Did a T3 rift and now it's at 39 😞

UPDATE:

Just a did a few more rifts and it seems the glitch is purely graphical (?) as I got credit for 250 after getting about 90 rift energy (roughly how much I still needed after the the number "reset")

Edited by Silvaren.5186

No stack loss on rift energy so far - did only 2 T1 though (at 7 now - according to the wiki T3 rifts will progress this fast). Other stuff working so far - counting correctly. (I slowly progress. Had a lot of map changes and logouts in between.) Except the world boss counter that is at 10 now after having done the 2nd and after some map changes I think.

Posted (edited)

I've reached 200 and it disappeared. Then when I go to a different map in Horn of Maguuma or a Convergence it resets. I've reached 100 a couple times after the 200 reset.

I think it is possible that the boon isn't actually adding the random collection the same way that the achievement is.

Edited by Eloc Freidon.5692