Un-neuter Unyielding Dragon [PvP/WvW]

Posted (edited)

San-Goku called. The Dragon wants its Balls back.

Seriously, though, I get it. An unblockable, unblindable stun is pretty toxic (although why it was only deemed to be a problem now I don't understand). However, this trait was holding bladesworn together in competitive modes. Castrating it by completely removing the stun goes too far.

A compromise solution: let it inflict immobilize instead of stun in competitive modes. This will still allow Dragon slash to impair enemies enough to land follow-up damage while allowing those enemies to still use their skills to provide more counterplay.

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Like 4

I agree with you. Dragon Trigger just doesn't fell right anymore without Dragon Slash being able to stun. Even if they don't bring back the stun, I hope they give it something exciting like invulnerability. It currently feels like eating a burger without fries. It's missing something.

I'm also still not over the Daring Dragon change, but I know they don't care how we feel about that seeing as nothing changed.

• Confused 1

There's a lot they could do to make counterplay but they just went with the easiest route of removing the stun.  I mean, couldn't they have made the stun "blindable" (i.e. if you blind the Bladesworn, the slash won't stun but will still do damage)? Or make weakness the counter so if you're weakened, it downgrades the stun into a cripple/immobilize...or even both.

That and the delay on Boost has really just removed most of the play the spec can leverage.

• Confused 2

On 5/24/2024 at 7:48 AM, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I agree with you. Dragon Trigger just doesn't fell right anymore without Dragon Slash being able to stun. Even if they don't bring back the stun, I hope they give it something exciting like invulnerability. It currently feels like eating a burger without fries. It's missing something.

I'm also still not over the Daring Dragon change, but I know they don't care how we feel about that seeing as nothing changed.

Buffing its damage and making it possible to walk at 50% movespeed might be interesting. Make it an actually viable power build in PvP.

• Like 1