June 25 patch notes preview Revenant

arazoth.7290

Posted (edited)

scepter 2 and 3 still to much effort to make it "pretend that it works"...and very  very very clunky.. if this was a reaper/necromancer weapon Anet would fix asap.. kitten!

Edited to fix broken English!

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

specter 2 and 3 still to much effort for bad skills......and clunky and very Buffy if this was a reaper Anet would fix asap.. kitten!

I also want to equip a thief as main hand weapon, preferably an asura.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Really? I feel like that'd get annoying fast. They'd just constantly be like "woe is me, I'm so underpowered without stealth" every time you hit something without stealthing. Then whenever you drop to 90% hp the weapon will just blind you 10 times, evade spam out of your hand, and instant chain teleport 3600u off into the sunset.....

.... Don't worry though, It'll be back if you turn around the fight and start winning again with your other weapon.

1 hour ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

Really? I feel like that'd get annoying fast. They'd just constantly be like "woe is me, I'm so underpowered without stealth" every time you hit something without stealthing. Then whenever you drop to 90% hp the weapon will just blind you 10 times, evade spam out of your hand, and instant chain teleport 3600u off into the sunset.....

.... Don't worry though, It'll be back if you turn around the fight and start winning again with your other weapon.

I use them on my charr, if too much noisy I eat them

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Curious how much extra adjustments they will make for renegade + scepter on revenant when the patch launches 🤔

I am saying these 2 because everything besides that seems even more unlikely 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Curious how much extra adjustments they will make for renegade + scepter on revenant when the patch launches 🤔

I am saying these 2 because everything besides that seems even more unlikely 

Realistically: none
They have a track record of posting "previews" which pretty much ship as is. Only if the playerbase massively revolts after the patch lands do they hotfix. 

I'm not gonna hide the fact I play Revenant as a competitive class first before PvE. Scepter may be "fine" for PvE but it's absolutely junk in competitive modes which honestly grinds my gears because other classes get fun new powerful toys but all we have are broken junk and half broken junk and Shortbow. Everytime I have to fight a Ranger and they use their fancy Mace which can CC over and over and over ontop of dishing out good damage just annoys the heck out of me. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 8:57 PM, arazoth.7290 said:

Engrish 404 🙂, fixed. (jk about it meta would be 2 minstrels Firebrands or main hand firebrand and minstrel tempest offhand cause being carried and low effort gameplay is what devs want and what they have been promoting, thieves would be nerfed and later fixed to a perma boon build).

Edited by Aeolus.3615

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Realistically: none
They have a track record of posting "previews" which pretty much ship as is. Only if the playerbase massively revolts after the patch lands do they hotfix. 

I know this is the most likely case but it's mind boggling.

Like, they can't look at Renegade/Herald performance in PvP and think it's (e:) somewhat close to okay, given how small the buffs are. They're utterly absent from high ratings and monthly play and have been for years now.

I hope I'm wrong about the changes, but 0.5% more damage per boon in PvP and an extra 200 hp per consume is probably not going to make up for where Herald lacks, Vindication is questionable in that if it's significant sustain they'll be recreating the Renegod days.
They definitely both need buffs but I really don't know if that's gonna be significant enough or a good way to do it.

I know people here like Vindicator but it's very clearly powercrept and the design alone makes it extremely difficult for number tuning to bring the elites into line. It just simply has more options available, and they can't make the skills do literally nothing, so number tuning would have to be wildly large numbers for Herald/Ren to make them equally competitive.
It's not unique to Vindicator, they've done this to themselves over time for every expansion launch, but it's a nightmare to balance now without a massive combat overhaul across the entire game, which isn't likely to happen in a game as old as GW2.

Edited by Shagie.7612

Posted (edited)

In the PvP context, I think they prefer to sneak their way up and hopefully wriggle from "underpowered" to "competitive", then make a big buff and shoot straight into "overpowered and dominating the field until the next patch, unless it's so bad it needs a hotfix". It's a pain when it's your preferred profession that's in that state, but for the game as a whole it's better to have something be a little (or even more than a little) underpowered than wildly overpowered.

Edited by draxynnic.3719

19 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

In the PvP context, I think they prefer to sneak their way up and hopefully wriggle from "underpowered" to "competitive", then make a big buff and shoot straight into "overpowered and dominating the field until the next patch, unless it's so bad it needs a hotfix". It's a pain when it's your preferred profession that's in that state, but for the game as a whole it's better to have something be a little (or even more than a little) underpowered than wildly overpowered.

It's been 2 years for Herald, 4 for Renegade (and across its entire lifetime, more than that. Good/overpowered for 8 months out of the ~80 it's existed and bad the rest, that's a horrendous track record)

In the same time period they took CZerk from one of the worst elites in the game to wildly overpowered before nerfing it down to still pretty decent, scepter on ele from decent to a literal 10 man Ele monthly, reworked Scrapper to the point where they've since had to nerf nade kit like 83 times, buffed power Mirage, buffed Deadeye enough to let it gatekeep 75% of the specs in the game, reworked both druid and soulbeast to the point where both were nuts and are still decent despite subsequent nerfs, and there's probably a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting as far as reworks and large buffs to underperformers go.

But for Herald/Ren, it's been what, in that same time frame?
What are wriggling and sneaking in this context?

• Like 3

I wish they were more up to par a lot too. I am not asking for OP meta, because that just gets nerfed after having 2 months "fun".

Also they introduce scepter and little change and then leave it like that in such a bad state. 😮‍💨

Posted (edited)

They really are so proud of old changes that they rarely ever revert them, huh?
Like bro
just kittening revert the Infuse Light nerf that took it down to 2s from 3s.
Has anyone seen how Heralds often fail to get value from 2 seconds of Infuse Light, even during team Fights in Conquest?
A clip from 2? years ago:
https://clips.twitch.tv/EnergeticSarcasticOtterRitzMitz-nicUybfak_JJrYoC

WvW Herald still has a 3s duration and it doesn't matter at all, it's still awful at roaming/small scale. Get hit by 5+ different conditions. Heal from them. Die instantly 2 seconds after Infuse Light has ended.
Awfully High Risk for a miserable reward.

For Renegade, at least as a condi spec: Brother, just add 2-3 seconds of some random cover condition somewhere. It's so bloody simple to understand why condi revenant in general is rarely ever competitive.
And revert some Jalis nerfs, maybe? No one ever bothers with it. It's clunky as mud. You can't blame players for always picking Shiro when possible, the class is as clunky or worse than warrior without reliable access to quickness.
Making Jalis worthwhile is not suddenly going to make Vindicator or Herald players want to drop either Glint, Alliance or Shiro for it.

They really think they can perpetually balance skills. As in: "This will be the final change to this skill. No further adjustments will ever be needed again."
Power is relative, the sandbox is very different now than it was in 2021 when those Shiro, Renegade and Herald nerfs happened. They just cant keep looking for ways to overcomplicate things. To keep wanting to reinvent the wheel is sad.

Edit:
Same patch completely deleted Charged Mists from the game. 😂
PT , Infuse Light, Staff SotM, Ventari nerfs.

Edited by Sereath.1428

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Sereath.1428 said:

They really are so proud of old changes that they rarely ever revert them, huh?
Like bro
just kittening revert the Infuse Light nerf that took it down to 2s from 3s.
Has anyone seen how Heralds often fail to get value from 2 seconds of Infuse Light, even during team Fights in Conquest?

Pretty much. 

Herald finally nerfed > Incensed Response still nerfed

Swords finally lose damage > Shackling Wave slow animation still nerfed

CC damage removed > SotM still have stupid delay 

The two most hates classes by Anet has got to be Warrior and Revenant. But even Warrior gets some love with their new Staff and Hammer damage partial reversion. Revenant gets a glorified pleasure stick and a double middle finger. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1