State of weaver (feedback)

On 6/5/2024 at 7:39 PM, draxynnic.3719 said:

I've been advocating for conjures to lose the second weapon in exchange for cutting the cooldown in half for a while. Picking up someone else's conjure isn't something that's been done seriously for years, and that's due to deliberate balancing decisions by ArenaNet. If conjure sharing can't be allowed to be good, they should bite the bullet and remove it so that conjures can be balanced appropriately for the elementalist

As someone who chose melee Weaver blind as their first character, I thought the conjure on the ground was a bug... then I saw that they actually ruined Elite spec choices to add utility to this apparent visual bug and realized I'd chosen a class designed by committee. 

Just give Weaver Off-Hand pistol.  A bit of short range fire power/utility to deter pursuit when you dip back out of melee is all it needs I feel.

Edited by Gud.6829

2 minutes ago, Gud.6829 said:

As someone who chose melee Weaver blind as their first character, I thought the conjure on the ground was a bug... then I saw that they actually ruined Elite spec choices to add utility to this apparent visual bug and realized I'd chosen a class designed by committee. 

Just give Weaver Off-Hand pistol.  A bit of short range fire power/utility to deter pursuit when you dip back out of melee is all it needs I feel.

I don't know if that's all it needs, but regardless of what weaver needs conjures need attention.  There is simply no reason for them to be in the state they're in.  The cooldowns are ridiculous and most of the skills are so terrible you wouldn't use them even if they worked like engi kits.  I get that 10+ years ago somebody thought it would be cool if eles dropped a second conjure for allies, but that has proven fairly worthless as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gud.6829 said:

Eh, conjures predated elite specs by a couple of years, and were good once. Sharing conjures was meta until partway through HoT, but then ArenaNet decided they didn't like that gameplay and nerfed it to death, and never got around to rebalancing them into something that could actually be useful without the problems that got conjures to be nerfed in the first place. It's less of a "design by committee" problem so much as a good-at-the-time* idea that was nerfed when they decided it wasn't healthy for the direction the game had gone... and then abandoned. 

*Or, at least, not obviously bad. At the time.

I'd like a mix of current conjures and banners, as FGS but better
When it lands it creates an effect; an ice field pusling resolution and chill, a wave crippling/immobilising foes (or pulling them), an electrical field pulsing quickness and weakness, etc.

And some buff on skills. For example the mechanic of "water arrow" is nice, yet you rarely spam AA to stack arrows, and you don't have healing skills either outside AA. Why not just stack arrows with #1 and #2,  and skill #5 has healing with extra healing per arrow or something.