Give [Well of Power] group Stability similar to [Well of Precognition] (Chronomancer)

Necromancer Stability Changes.  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Give [Well of Power] Group Stability.

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Rework [Trail of Anguish].

• Yes.
    • No.

Necromancer definitely needs more sources of group stability in PvE. Scourge feels good enough as a healer even in fractal CMs, but the lack of stability really hurts your performance.

Trail of Anguish only gives you 1 short stability boon, but 1. you need to walk through your allies to apply it, 2.  having 1 stack of stability is just not enough because many enemy cc attacks hit you more than once or more often than once every 16 seconds.

I don't want them in PvP or WvW, though, so Anet doesn't decide to "balance" it by giving it a 70 seconds cooldown like they did with the other profession mechanics that made Scourge a powerful support.

Stability is always going to be necro's sore spot, but I don't see well of power giving group stability, as cool as that sounds. I would be for upping the number of stacks from 1 to 5, however. Otherwise you have to walk over your allies with trail of anguish, or if harbinger, use elixir of ambition off CD. Ironically, power harbinger has more access to on-demand self-stability than power quick harbinger. I could even see anet buffing trail of anguish's initial stability from 1 stack to 5 stacks in PvE only lol.

Posted (edited)

I'm fine with necro not having stability, we have other mechanics as a support.
Not to mention if you start adding effects to well of power then in compensation the cooldown will start going up which is the worst thing that can happen.

Edited by XECOR.2814

• 2 weeks later...

Well of Power is kinda underutilised. I personally use it only when playing heal scourge on W2 Sloth for even more cleansing, although the build itself provides an enormous amount of condi cleansing and you never need more might share on a supporting scourge as well. Would be very lovely if we had an option for an aoe well for stability in PvE (but I can imagine it being very problematic in WvW). At the very least Trail of Anguish could have stab stacks increased from 1 to 2 and increased swiftness uptime in PvE only and make it so its effects can't proc on allies more than once per cast.

Edited by Szatko.8132