Fiery Dragon Sword losing Burning Graphic Effect on switching templates till next map change [Merged]

During my instance test Sohothin never went out once, but my character's FDS would go out and then a couple minutes later it would be burning again, then it would be out again, etc. It was weirdly random within the same instance. This was new; usually once it's out the only way to light it up again is to change maps.

Hopefully they'll address this bug in one of the near-future patches, I've been using Fiery Dragon Sword for a long time and it's a big bummer to have it extinguished like this.

Edit: In my case, I'm using it on my WvW toons, and it will be fiery until mounting, then it loses its effect until next relog.

Edited by Largo Rudess.6012
  • Like 1

Having the same issue and wanted to try and bump, just finished the play of gw1 to get a hold of it for it to be put out right as I dismounted. Slightly painful to see them just poof out, I'll revive Balthazar just please fix 😧

I have this issue too. Discovered it last week. I also can't see the guiding particle effects when I try to find rifts. Have to follow other players. Wondering if these missing visuals are related. 

Update: The flames still show in my hero panel previews even while they are extinguished on my screen. My kids game right next to me and they can both see my sword's flame on their screens when I can't.

• 2 weeks later...

Very disappointing that this bug is still not fixed. I use the Fiery Dragon Sword on a few characters and it is really annoying that the flame effect disappears after mounting and dismounting. I hope that this will be resolved.

Edited by Solene.3067
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1