Opinion On New Saltspray Dragon Hologram To Fight In Dragon Bash Festival Arena

It's cool that there has been updates to Dragon Bash. When I saw we were getting  a saltspray hologram to fight, I assumed it would be void corrupted or something. But, it's just a regular hologram. Feels weird when there are, as we know of, 2 existing saltspray dragons left. Both of them are on our side and fighting with us. So it was really awkward when we are set to fight a normal, non-corrupted hologram. I know it's just a hologram and it's the point of the festival, to bash dragons, but, really?  Especially after Kuunavang was just visiting Divinity's Reach for the Lunar Festival?

Am I alone in feeling awkward and kind of upset that it feels like it was just added in there as something new to fight when it's not corrupted?

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

I think it is supposed to be a corrupted one, but the Void-corrupted effect and the hologram effect don't work together. Similar to how the enemies we fight in the final "warmup" phase are just a mix of holograms of the minions of the other dragons rather than the Void versions.

We never do fight an uncorrupted Saltspray (and even when fighting alongside Kuunavang, she is to Soo-Won as Caithe is to Aurene), so apart from referring back to GW1, we can't really say for sure which Saltspray abilities are natural and which come from being corrupted.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2024 at 12:51 AM, beratedbard.6147 said:

Am I alone in feeling awkward and kind of upset that it feels like it was just added in there as something new to fight when it's not corrupted?

Why didn't we finish Kuunavang at Divinity's Reach, missed opportunity.

8 hours ago, Trejgon.9367 said:

I'd like to also add that for some reason holo saltspray plays kralkatorrik music which sounds like a wrong combination....

Not always. The "boss fight" music seems to be randomized. I've fought the Eye of Zhaitan with "The Crystal Dragon" as the soundtrack, or the Vinetooth with...whatever Tequatl's music is called, momentarily forgot the name. It's different for every boss, so you might wind up with a "fitting" soundtrack for that boss (i.e. Branded Hydra with "Assault on Amnoon" from LWS4 when Branded attack Amnoon, or Eye of Zhaitan with "Here Be Dragons" from the Zhaitan boss fight), or not.

Edited by Batel.9206
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Batel.9206 said:

Not always. The "boss fight" music seems to be randomized. I've had the Eye of Zhaitan with "The Crystal Dragon" as the soundtrack, or the Vinetooth with...whatever Tequatl's music is called, momentarily forgot the name. It's different for every boss, so you might wind up with a "fitting" soundtrack for that boss (i.e. Branded Hydra with "Assault on Amnoon" from LWS4 when Branded attack Amnoon, or Eye of Zhaitan with "Here Be Dragons" from the Zhaitan boss fight), or not.

Interesting, I may have too small sample size then, because so far I was getting mordremoth battle music for vinewrath, zhaitan for eye of zhaitan, and the only one that struck me as mismatched was saltspray.