Update Symbols

Arken.3725

Since the games inception, Symbols have not changed at all. They remain a static mechanic in an otherwise dynamic game. I have a very simple and effective solution to easing this into something more fun. 

Shorten the duration ticks from 5-3 and front load the boons applied. Thank of like Mesmer Focus Temporal Curtain that gives the duration of its swiftness on one touch. 

It'll still remain a somewhat static mechanic but at least now you won't feel forced to stand in a small circle for 5 seconds to receive the benefits. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

With the axe symbol and the upcoming beautiful spear symbol, I would prefer all symbols to get a new coat of paint really. Other than that I feel they are good 

I suppose I should have clarified. They're good in Pve due to NPC's never moving. The other two modes, they feel very weak by comparison. 

• Like 5

On 6/7/2024 at 9:22 PM, Arken.3725 said:

Since the games inception, Symbols have not changed at all. They remain a static mechanic in an otherwise dynamic game. I have a very simple and effective solution to easing this into something more fun. 

Shorten the duration ticks from 5-3 and front load the boons applied. Thank of like Mesmer Focus Temporal Curtain that gives the duration of its swiftness on one touch. 

It'll still remain a somewhat static mechanic but at least now you won't feel forced to stand in a small circle for 5 seconds to receive the benefits. 

I am on board for the front loaded boons. Lowering the ticks, you're going to have to sell me more on. I would almost prefer a trait that allow them to move around the player, almost like mini gyros/wells/whatever they are now

• Like 1