Thoughts on updating name to Save Yourselves

So a thought has come up recently, originally, Advance! was "Retreat!" but they changed it because "What kind of Guardian kittening runs from a fight?" right? It sounds kitten this way. Save Yourselves kind of gives off the same vibes, in some way I get it, The Guardian is kind of sacrificing himself but it still sounds like he's telling the others to "run."

With all that being said what are everyone's thoughts on applying the same thing to Save Yourselves! to be something more along the lines of "Together With Me!", something that sounds less retreaty and more "regroup" like You're not running away, you just need to regroup and try a different angle. Anyone else think this is something that should be looked at or am I just overthinking things here?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Dragon Dude.7832 said:

So a thought has come up recently, originally, Advance! was "Retreat!" but they changed it because "What kind of Guardian kittening runs from a fight?" right? It sounds kitten this way. Save Yourselves kind of gives off the same vibes, in some way I get it, The Guardian is kind of sacrificing himself but it still sounds like he's telling the others to "run."

With all that being said what are everyone's thoughts on applying the same thing to Save Yourselves! to be something more along the lines of "Together With Me!", something that sounds less retreaty and more "regroup" like You're not running away, you just need to regroup and try a different angle. Anyone else think this is something that should be looked at or am I just overthinking things here?

Whats funny is I always took it as,

"heathens... why am I always saving you?"

absorbs everyone's toxic conditions

"Save yourselves instead!"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dragon Dude.7832 said:

Anyone else think this is something that should be looked at or am I just overthinking things here?

You are overthinking things here. “Save yourselves!” Is perfectly fine as is… Guardian is all about self sacrifice and aiding your allies… no need to change what isn’t broken.

Edited by Panda.1967
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

• 1 month later...

I propose for April Fools next year, they get an TTS voice replacement for some Guardian Shouts: 

Receive the light! > GET RIZZED 

Advance! > SKIRT SKIRT

Hold the line! > STAY BUSSIN'

Save yourselves! > SKIBIDI OUTTAHERE

Stand your ground! > PLANT YOUR GYATT

Feel my wrath! > GET VIBE CHECKED

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1