Engineer Spear Description

Vinny.7260

Surviving in certain lightning-prone environments can be a difficult task for the common Tyrian. Engineers, with their indomitable desire to create and adapt, have found a way to turn their knowledge against their enemies as weapons of mass destruction. Let’s talk about how we’ll be using the spear to dart around the battlefield and dominate targeted foes.

The engineer’s spear combat style is melee oriented with hybrid damage, encouraging you to pick a target and run directly into battle while utilizing a variety of control and damage skills. Your primary skill for this weapon is called Conduit Surge. This skill dashes to your targeted foe and applies the focused effect to them, charging them for future attacks. Every other weapon attack will apply a bonus effect or work to maintain the focused effect on your foe. One thing to note about Conduit Surge is that if a foe is defeated while under the focused effect, this skill will refresh and allow you to pursue your next target.

The Lightning Rod skill is constantly available while wielding a spear. The engineer will create a segmented lightning rod that spins around them, dealing bonus damage to focused targets and gaining an amplifying effect (with a bonus for hitting a focused target) for the next skill on the same slot—Electric Artillery. When the lightning rod is completed and hovering over your shoulder, you can choose to launch your charged rod at an enemy, immobilizing them and applying damaging conditions based on Lightning Rod’s success.

The weapon’s fifth skill and battle-ender is a skill currently called Devastation, which allows you to leap to a targeted area and deliver a massive EMP-style attack, inflicting focused foes with a continuously damaging effect.

We look forward to watching you tear around the battlefield, mixing both spears and kits together to cause fear and chaos!

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/spear-factor-warrior-thief-and-engineer/

I don't know if people will like it, maybe it'll be an alternative to Condition Holosmith or something. Could be more PvP/WvW oriented though.

• Like 1

Sounds like garbage. Yet another melee weapon, except now also with deadeye mark, because deadeyes are so popular because of that mechanic... This sounds like it's going to be an unnecessarily complicated hammer. I hope the damage sucks and doesn't exceed rifle, because I don't want to be forced to use this on my builds to stay relevant. Judging by the description it adds literally nothing.

Speaking of which, they should buff rifle instead, it would make me much happier than a gimmicky hammer #2.

Edited by Sindust.7059
  • Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Hybrid damage. So condi and power, like mace? Burns then hopefully, not bleeds. I can get excited about that.

I'd love to make a might stacking scrapper with grieving amulet and firearms traitline for maxing the crit chance.

3 hours ago, Sindust.7059 said:

Sounds like garbage. Yet another melee weapon, except now also with deadeye mark, because deadeyes are so popular because of that mechanic... This sounds like it's going to be an unnecessarily complicated hammer. I hope the damage sucks and doesn't exceed rifle, because I don't want to be forced to use this on my builds to stay relevant. Judging by the description it adds literally nothing.

Speaking of which, they should buff rifle instead, it would make me much happier than a gimmicky hammer #2.

We get it, you only want to play a Range Power weapon.

Other than that, if you only play to follow Meta then of course you will never be satisfied because Meta standard for "relevant" is never going to be something that favors the majority. Only the minority since it will always have something about it that does not make a person like it such as the weapon a player must use when they prefer a different type of weapon, the build they must follow, the stats they must obtain, play style they prefer (Melee playstyle and range playstyle is always in conflict in most games due to preference with doing more damage in melee instead of range or doing more damage in range instead of melee), and etc. 

It is a constant conflict between what each individual player wants to play and what Meta demands they must play. 

It is why I prefer just playing casually these days since less stress on meeting Meta and just choose what type of play style I want while working and adjusting it to progress or get things done as the game updates. 

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cisii.8317 said:

I reaaaaaaally hope it's not condi. Looking good so far though.

I believe they said hybrid and you can see it burning in the video at least.

I'm wondering if it will do bleed/burn since i don't remember seeing other conditions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cisii.8317 said:

I reaaaaaaally hope it's not condi. Looking good so far though.

Why??? Engi only have 1 condi weapon, everything else is Power weap
dont tell me Mace is a condi weapon cuz its a support weapon and deals kitten condi DPS

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

I believe they said hybrid and you can see it burning in the video at least.

I'm wondering if it will do bleed/burn since i don't remember seeing other conditions.

I hope it really is a Hybrid, but i think itll be Burn and Confusion?? 

4 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

I think confusion comes up in purple and I didn't see any in the video

I see... so if its only Burning/Physical then we're basically condi Willbenders but with normal fire color lmao

18 hours ago, Tofu.1865 said:

Why??? Engi only have 1 condi weapon, everything else is Power weap
dont tell me Mace is a condi weapon cuz its a support weapon and deals kitten condi DPS

And that 1 condi weapon is enough, I can't stand condi it's unbelievably boring.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Cisii.8317 said:

And that 1 condi weapon is enough, I can't stand condi it's unbelievably boring.

Then dont use it if you find it boring, there are alot of other people that want another Condi weapon lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

It'd be amazing if Conduit worked like Gunvolt/Copen gameplay from the Azure Striker series of games, your first attacks "tag" an opponent and then you follow up with ranged attacks. Imagine something like your 2 skill being a dash attack that marks targets, it instantly refreshes cooldown if you use it to create a Conduit, but if you're targeting a Conduit your attack causes you to bounce away from the target, dealing more damage and not resetting the cooldown. Then your basic attack would normally be a melee combo, but turns into a pulsing lightning rod attack that hits everything you've marked as a conduit, kind of like Ele's Air Attunement Scepter 1. The play style then becomes "go melee and mark as many targets as you think you can get away with, then disengage and microwave them."

Ranger gets to have context sensitive autos so I can dream of something like this right?

Edited by Atmaweapon.7345

What do we know about the weapon skills?

1. Auto attack: Minor bleed damage, vuln and 130 range

2. Conduit Surge: 700 range leap attack that refreshes after kill. Applies burning stacks.

3. Lightning Rod: 4 second duration, baby shredder gyro. Turns into Electric Artillery when LR finishes, immobilizing and applying burn & vuln.

4. Cone 2 second stun, knockdown and launch. Wut?

5. 450 range leap attack. Big damage. Creates damaging area at targeted location.

Generally like what  I see. But for the love of god, please make auto attack range 180. It's a spear for crying out loud.

Edited by Langeball.9351
updated after weapon stream