Distortion disabled?

Evenge.4067

4 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Eh. I think there are some that do genuinely have it better and some that have it worse, although like you say, they all have issues. And despite common belief, most of the ones that have it better are the ones that have a solid core design that's harder to mess up.

fair enough.

I know I've just seen about everyone have this sentiment of 'anet hates us'. I don't think there is malevolent intent involved. But like every one else, I wonder 🤔 

On 6/21/2024 at 9:07 AM, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

I'm gonna ask something very naive here: Is this really a big deal?

I'm not trying to be dismissive; this is me fishing for opinions and data. I am pretty much exclusively an OW player. I dabble in WvW when I need a gift of battle, I never PvP, and I don't Raid/Strike. SO for me, I literally NEVER use F4 Distortion. Ever. I use my F3 shatter if I need just a little extra defiance break and I'm out of CC, and F1 and F2 shatters are my go to depending on whether I'm Power or Condi on that particular build. So I am absolutely not affected by this.

I'm genuinely interested in hearing how many people are affected by this, where, and why.

Ok I'll take a shot at answering your question. And it's fine to ask. Many things don't effect open world players as much. 

I don't play very much open world content at all unless it's an absolute necessity. I spend the majority of my time in pvp and wvw.

I need to preface my reasons so you can understand why f4 is important. Every advantage and disadvantage matters a lot. You have to make every decision count. Small changes to classes can make or break the meta.

Surviving is such an important thing. Don't die. It's a core Tennant of rated pvp. When you die you leave your team at a disadvantage. The 5v5 is now 5vs4. And the enemy can and will capitalize on this 

Using your time wisely is also huge. You need to have map awareness and be at the right spot at the right time.

Unlike open world, you don't have all the time in the world to kill a target or run away and heal up.

The games have three locations on the map, each which can contribute to points. First to 500 is a win. Occasionally it will go to time and the winner has the highest points.

I use a virt build that is relatively soft. Without distortion I can't survive in stealth when I'm trying to reset, reposition or move to another node.

I also can't avoid DMG/cc in an active fight when I want to get into melee range to briefly help a team finish a fight.

I can't stealth rez without getting that same DMG and cc.

And I can't reliably stomp in tough situations without that immune.

That was probably too long an explanation. 🤷

Hope that helps make sense.