Spear Me the Details: Mesmer, Revenant, and Elementalist

My first impressions lead me to believe that the builds that are already very strong (high sustain with no counterpart in damage) are going to hurt even more. Starting with the elem, with its incredible array of buffs combined with a ranged attack. The mesmer, on the other hand, leaves me perplexed. How can a class with little support of its own be able to resist in a melee? In a competitive game, this seems unattainable without the support of other classes. In short, we'll see, but I'm not optimistic about the balance of the game.

• Confused 1

Wish Rev spear had more white in its palette. I get that they are going for an abyssal/dark variant, but it does contrast a LOT with Rev's existing aesthetic and communicates "generic edgelord" more than "mystic mist magic."

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Mesmer spear is looking promising although I have my concerns about the usability of some skills. Don't worry, I won't be talking about skill 2 like everyone else has mentioned before but I think it will be rough to proc consistently.

So, can we still cast skill 4 and 5 when not in range of the target or will I get amased by how many times my screen gets filled with the error: target not in range

Skill 4 should work only in range of the target imo but skill 5 should be castable from anywhere when having a target, I think you need to have a target according to the tooltip? It would be pog if skill 5 didn't even need a target like Willbender f3 so we can teleport in range for proccing skill 2 clarity easier and blasting fields.

Will the traits that should proc and have cd reduction on spear skills, namely only fencer's finesse in this case and arguably compounding power (or blade skill traits for virtuoso, though it was not mentioned on stream) not work in beta and on release like virtuoso back then?

Getting swiftness on a spear skill would help a lot too for a melee weapon, still tied to 25% movement speed and now on relics is getting boring for us mesmers...

Please look into this before beta, while you're at it also look into clarity icon. If you can make the AoE be less visible for enemies you can do it too for clarity icon, nobody wants to have a visible target above their heads. 

Sorry if this came over negative but I just want an enjoyable beta test for once, (I know this is why we have beta...)not like eod beta please where only half of everything worked 🙂

Edited by Solomons.9713

On 6/20/2024 at 1:57 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

They all look nice, but I don't like Elementalist's spear's mechanic.

Most Elementalists already flip through all four Attunements on a regular basis, so there's no need for an additional gimmick.

again, flipping through all four attunements is not the same as this mechanic, the actual last skill flips to a more powerful skill on the spear and this is on other classes, even on more than one skill, so you saying you don't like this mechanic on mirage, untamed, thief.

Edited by vrauns.3215