Please don't make [Frozen Burst] create an ice field

Update: i'm referring to the upcoming changes to release on 6/25

Not entirely sure the idea behind this but PLEASE ... please please please do not make water dagger 3 create an icefield! PLEASE!!! Let us choose what fields we blast. Please. It already chills, and now i cant blast a previous field placed down by my catalyst or blast my water field for more healing.

Please don't make frozen burst create an ice field

..... please

Edited by kapenike.6793
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

Right but finishers prioritize your field then oldest field. As long as your fire field is still up you'll blast that even though you just made an ice field. If you're blasting in someone elses field then yeah you'll get the ice blast.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, kapenike.6793 said:

@luigrein.8514 im confused ... it will ever only blast the ice field because it will always be the most recently placed field

combo fields prioritize your earliest field. So put down water, then blast with frozen burst. Even though there's an ice field, your water field was there first and you should get blast healing.

The ice field is really only there for when you have no fields at all. 

• Like 2

On 6/20/2024 at 3:11 PM, fuzzyp.6295 said:

combo fields prioritize your earliest field. So put down water, then blast with frozen burst. Even though there's an ice field, your water field was there first and you should get blast healing.

The ice field is really only there for when you have no fields at all. 

This is how it's supposed to work but for some reason I can't get it *to* work. The kitten thing won't blast my warhorn water field no matter how many times I drop it immediately and then hit frozen burst, lol. 

• Thanks 1

After trying old dagger dagger ele (catalyst)  in wvw, main hand dagger finally feels like the old times (2012 - 2014) 

After so many years I'm happy with the buffs.

Now we only need the old range from air dagger 1 and the buffed lightning flash 😉

Skill is clearly bugged, sometimes you blast frost aura even if you are inside a previously dropped field

Happens a lot with DeployJadeSphere Fire -> Frozen Burst

EDIT: Seems like fields dropped with weapons skills take priority over fields from jadesphere?

Edited by Over.2137

Can confirm that field priority order is buggy.  Overload fire works well. I get to thinking it’s whichever field you are perfectly centered over.  It’s near impossible to get water globe to be the combo field it blasts.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Matt H.6142 said:

Can confirm that field priority order is buggy.  Overload fire works well. I get to thinking it’s whichever field you are perfectly centered over.  It’s near impossible to get water globe to be the combo field it blasts.

Well at least I'm not going crazy. Tbh the 'buff' is kind of a downgrade if you can't pick the field you're blasting, imo. Hopefully they fix the bug soon

On 6/26/2024 at 7:06 PM, Firstpyre.8439 said:

This is how it's supposed to work but for some reason I can't get it *to* work. The kitten thing won't blast my warhorn water field no matter how many times I drop it immediately and then hit frozen burst, lol. 

Yup, it's either bugged or... I'm not sure. Considering they also added Convergence as a blast finisher, this current interaction may be intended ?

Kind of a bummer if you ask me. Sorry if my post caused any confusion OP, I swear that's how it's supposed to work 😆

On 6/20/2024 at 11:38 PM, luigrein.8514 said:

Right but finishers prioritize your field then oldest field. As long as your fire field is still up you'll blast that even though you just made an ice field. If you're blasting in someone elses field then yeah you'll get the ice blast.

I thought i mt takes the oldest field, regardless of who places it. So if somebody else places a fire field i would blast that one.

you sure about the „only your own field“ thing? Happy to learn that „new“ thing (at least new for me)

14 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

I thought i mt takes the oldest field, regardless of who places it. So if somebody else places a fire field i would blast that one.

you sure about the „only your own field“ thing? Happy to learn that „new“ thing (at least new for me)

The priority as far as I'm aware is own fields (from oldest to newest) > partymember/subsquad fields (from oldest to newest) > squad player fields (from oldest to newest). Your own fields always get priority over others, and the older fields priority over newer fields. At least when it works as intended.

51 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

The priority as far as I'm aware is own fields (from oldest to newest) > partymember/subsquad fields (from oldest to newest) > squad player fields (from oldest to newest). Your own fields always get priority over others, and the older fields priority over newer fields. At least when it works as intended.

Okay huh… this is really possible. I wasn’t aware of that too, just thought it’s „oldest field“ always. Thanks.

PS: i think blasting an icefield is overall a nice buff. You can blast other stuff still but with d/d you get an additional frost aura that you can transmute then.

Edited by CafPow.1542