What Ifs: Vindicator was a hybrid Power and Condi spec

Yasai.3549

Imagine instead of being a DPS/Support, Vindicator was instead Power/Condi.

Archemorus would deal exclusively Power damage and has CC to aggressively lock enemies down.

Viktor would have Condition and Defensive skills and apply Condi upon countering enemies with said defensive skills as well.

Archemorus would still use Death Drop.

Viktor would get a Condi focused dodge attack that applied Chill and Burning.

Greatsword's 5 skill will apply different effects based on who you're using, with Archemorus applying more Vuln and Viktor applying Burning and Cripple. 

Thoughts? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Im not against it at all. Would totally promote Viktor to apply condis when you're not using Mallyx. Condi vindicator is not that great rn afaik and greatsword only has little snyergy with the chill applying torment on AA and phantom's onslaught. 

Knowing Anet, they would still disallow chill in WvW and PvP on dodge because they already got rid of it from the GM trait, which would also mean no torment on dodge if you ran abyssal chill. 

I would love this over the shoehorned support side that Vindicator got on release!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Archemorus is already hybrid damage uptime enough for condi. Doesn't need more without breaking alliance stance. So I prefere having 1 as hybrid damage and 1 as support atm. 

It aint the best condi damage variation because that's renegade. Vindicator has more condi damage then herald, so is inbetween and that's more then fine.

You can use in fire fields for fire aura, scavening burst already does good burn condi, and achemorus Spear. With this you can uphold only by this alone without weapons further looked into in pvp/WvW 2-3 stacks always for good sustained burn damage and potential 4 with torment on top. In pve this is a lot more since scavenging burst has there 2 stacks/hit.

I want to discuss a what if scenario that Anet initially designed Vindicator to be a Power/Condi hybrid with Archermorus and Viktor instead of a Damage/Support design. Would the spec be more fun? Would the spec be inadverently be pidgeon-holed back into Death Drop build? That's what I want to discuss, not "no no no, Archermorus already deals hybrid damage" I KNOW HE ALREADY DOES, I'M LITERALLY NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT.

And then you proceed to treat this as a Vindicator suggestion post and post your Urn suggestions again. kitten man, learn to read. 

2 hours ago, mirage.8046 said:

Im not against it at all. Would totally promote Viktor to apply condis when you're not using Mallyx. Condi vindicator is not that great rn afaik and greatsword only has little snyergy with the chill applying torment on AA and phantom's onslaught. 

Knowing Anet, they would still disallow chill in WvW and PvP on dodge because they already got rid of it from the GM trait, which would also mean no torment on dodge if you ran abyssal chill. 

I would love this over the shoehorned support side that Vindicator got on release!

That's what I was thinking too. If the point of Vindicator was to be a damage spec in the end, I began thinking of scenarios where Vindicator could keep its duel-legend thematic while being entirely offense based. Then again, I also felt that Viktor may be too "passive" to be an aggressive fighter, but he was a champion of the Zu Heltzer for a reason right? So that's the idea that while Arch may be aggressive and has CC, Vik may have more Condition applying skills, debilitating enemies, then throwing up Blocks or Evades that counter with more Conditions on the enemy if they attack into him. 

This would be a rather harmonious style of gameplay for hybrid builds, and if you so wish, you can "main" any of them in PvE and fulfil Condi/Power DPS roles! 

• Confused 1

Honestly all they need to do is add a condi damage multiplier to one of the dodges like the power one and that's it. Revenant already has decent condi tools now that shortbow is available and maybe soon the spear if it ends up being a condi weapon (we'll see considering the feedback). Alliance already has torment and burning on a couple skills, which isn't that much, but it's enough to keep some condis rolling while not on Mallyx. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Vennyhedgie.5369 said:

Honestly all they need to do is add a condi damage multiplier to one of the dodges like the power one and that's it. Revenant already has decent condi tools now that shortbow is available and maybe soon the spear if it ends up being a condi weapon (we'll see considering the feedback). Alliance already has torment and burning on a couple skills, which isn't that much, but it's enough to keep some condis rolling while not on Mallyx. 

Another guy who doesn't understand the post. I don't even care anymore with this thread. 

This is not a suggestion post, it's a What If post. Nothing said here I care to even see in game. The only assignment here is to spitball fantasy ideas. 

Edited by Yasai.3549

I am trying to figure out what the OP means? Archemerous is already a power condi set up, revenants just lacked condi weapons outside of mace/ax but the spear adds that I guess (though I am not happy with what I've seen, the design choice, or the fact ARCHEMEROUS IS THE SPEAR GUY so why the hell is the spear this shadowy, amorphous blob?)

Seriously though go read Archemerous abilities, a lot of them inflict conditions, including the Spear of Archemerous which has a heavy emphasis on torment.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

I am trying to figure out what the OP means? Archemerous is already a power condi set up, revenants just lacked condi weapons outside of mace/ax but the spear adds that I guess (though I am not happy with what I've seen, the design choice, or the fact ARCHEMEROUS IS THE SPEAR GUY so why the hell is the spear this shadowy, amorphous blob?)

Seriously though go read Archemerous abilities, a lot of them inflict conditions, including the Spear of Archemerous which has a heavy emphasis on torment.

I literally want to talk about a fantasy where Alliance is Power on one half and Condi on the other half. Feel like its interesting enough to talk about. 

I am not talking about current live version of Alliance and neither am I talking about suggestions for it.

I just want to know if people are interested in talking about the design of a dual legend system like alliance being Power/Condi as their halves instead of Damage/Support.

If you still don't get it, don't bother. I rather have the thread closed. No one understands or even want to understand anyway, preferring to jump hastily into comments and typing out their paragraphs of nonsense that aren't even relating to the topic.

So far only one guy who commented seems to understand the point of the topic, just drop it. It no longer interests me.

Edited by Yasai.3549

41 minutes ago, Yasai.3549 said:

I literally want to talk about a fantasy where Alliance is Power on one half and Condi on the other half. Feel like its interesting enough to talk about. 

I am not talking about current live version of Alliance and neither am I talking about suggestions for it.

I just want to know if people are interested in talking about the design of a dual legend system like alliance being Power/Condi as their halves instead of Damage/Support.

If you still don't get it, don't bother. I rather have the thread closed. No one understands or even want to understand anyway, preferring to jump hastily into comments and typing out their paragraphs of nonsense that aren't even relating to the topic.

So far only one guy who commented seems to understand the point of the topic, just drop it. It no longer interests me.

It isn't really a fantasy since zu Heltzer is a helper not a slaughter them warrior. Furthermore, a number of us want zu Heltzer to actually matter and be desired as a support and not as a simple out there niche of if there is nothing else support in WvW.

And getting upset when people point out a literal basic fact of the Archemerous set up, and saying people don't understand (they actually do many of us actually love playing vinidcator) just isn't going to get people on your side. I don't want to lose what little utility I have to put in this idea of a "fantasy" set up which would isolate zu Heltzer even more than he already has been.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1