The lightning graphics on Bolt are outdated - Request for Anet to update them

As the title says, the lightning effects on Bolt are looking outdated. Once you stop and take a look at them it's really hard to unsee it.

I understand many weapons and armor in the game have outdated texturs now, but given Bolt is a legendary I'd like to request Anet update the graphics a bit. I don't think it would be a huge effort to do so. Legendaries are the one item category that I think should be kept up to date as these are the things end game players strive for. 

Please Anet - have someone in your art department review the lightning effects on Bolt and give them a slight quality update to enhance the lightning visual.

Many thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Wolfofdivinity.6251 said:

What gen 1 leggy isn't an outdated eye sore now? Maybe incinerator or the Moot? They all need a new pass. 

Subjective. Besides, The Flameseeker Prophecies is still the best looking legendary.

• Like 2

Bolt was my first legendary weapon last year (and I've only done one more since). Personally I think it's cool. I'm sure an even cooler lightning skin could be created but I agree that it would need to be a new separate skin because some people will want to keep the current one. I imagine Anet would prefer to spend the time on new stuff rather than remaking skins which are still reasonable.

• Like 1

I just finished crafting this last week and I actually rather like the effects.   It's not as flashy as some of the others, and maybe some enhancement of the effects would be fine.  Overall, I enjoy the more subtlety of it in contrast to my Gen 3 Kralky crystals lol.  

I would prefer they not retouch them as they look great depending on styling or personal preference.  Spend resources elsewhere.  

6 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Dreamer. It still causes the very same reactions from others as it did 10 years ago.

It's ghastly.  I hate it.   Lol glad you enjoy the screaming unicorn blaster 🤣

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

Subjective. Besides, The Flameseeker Prophecies is still the best looking legendary.

So you use the word subjective then immediately give a subjective opinion as a statement of fact...

I say there's not a single legendary that looks good, that is why after 12 years all the ones I crafted I gave away. Still sitting on 400 clovers and about a half a dozen map completes with nothing to do with them.

Because you see not everyone likes to make queen-of-carnival characters decorated like a Christmas tree.

• Confused 5

24 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

So you use the word subjective then immediately give a subjective opinion as a statement of fact...

I say there's not a single legendary that looks good, that is why after 12 years all the ones I crafted I gave away. Still sitting on 400 clovers and about a half a dozen map completes with nothing to do with them.

Because you see not everyone likes to make queen-of-carnival characters decorated like a Christmas tree.

Yes. It's called sarcasm.

That's a lot of profit you are denying yourself. It's fine if you don't like them, but if you are making them anyway at least sell them for profit so you can buy things you do like.

The Christmas tree characters are those that stack different infusion effects. No single legendary weapon does that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Zera.9435 said:

That's a lot of profit you are denying yourself.

Then do what with the gold? Sit on it? Why bother.

Every skin Anet puts out is overly design non functional flashy stuff. I have 18 characters all equipped with almost exclusive old skins because those are the only ones with no effects.

• Confused 5

29 minutes ago, Zera.9435 said:

so you can buy things you do like

21 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

Every skin Anet puts out is overly design non functional flashy stuff. I have 18 characters all equipped with almost exclusive old skins because those are the only ones with no effects.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

It's ghastly.  I hate it.   Lol glad you enjoy the screaming unicorn blaster

I think Astralporing was referring to The Dreamer not being outdated, because people have shared the same opinion as you do for the entirety of the game's life.

To this day, it has remained the very same eye- and earsore that it has been since August of 2012.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I think Astralporing was referring to The Dreamer not being outdated, because people have shared the same opinion as you do for the entirety of the game's life.

To this day, it has remained the very same eye- and earsore that it has been since August of 2012.

Lol it's very divisive, love it or hate it.  

5 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

The gem store has more than just skins, you know. Surely there are things in the store you like. But in the off chance that there is literally nothing in the store you like at all, then woe is you I guess. Hopefully you find a reason to enjoy the game someday. If not then oh well, it's only a game.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2024 at 11:14 AM, Astralporing.1957 said:

Dreamer. It still causes the very same reactions from others as it did 10 years ago.

The Dreamer has the power to sort the pure hearted from the edge lords. For only those who carry hated would be harmed by such a noble unicorn. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, starlinvf.1358 said:

The Dreamer has the power to sort the pure hearted from the edge lords. For only those who carry hated would be harmed by such a noble unicorn. 

I can live with that.   I'll continue being a grouchy, tiny tiger shooting edge lord and not emitting rainbow glitter vomit.   🌈 ❤️ 🦄