I don't like 2vs2/3vs3 PVP seasons

I'm more into objectives, roaming, duels. I love 5vs5. I lose a lot, but it feels good and motivates me to improve. I just played a couple 3vs3 games and I already want this week to finish to return to 5vs5.

The sad part is that allowing both modes to coexist may not be the best with a mode with apparently low population, so this may be the best approach. I just wanted to share my point of view.

Edited by DarkK.7368
  • Confused 1

On 6/26/2024 at 3:48 PM, maxwelgm.4315 said:

Let's hope the new mode in Janthir Wilds is good enough to fill in these season gaps. 3v3 is dominated by very few builds and premade groups to a level even 5v5 isn't, and 2v2 is even worse indeed

What if it's something entirely different, seperate from pvp lobby and WvW, something entirely new.

Guess we will have to wait a month ir such before they spill more

i think 1 week off season is not terrible, especialy if anet wants to test beta stuff (maybe enable it next time in 3vs3 and 2vs2?), they could enable both at the same time and it would probably let the population grow, or add at's with them or what ever

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

i think 1 week off season is not terrible, especialy if anet wants to test beta stuff (maybe enable it next time in 3vs3 and 2vs2?), they could enable both at the same time and it would probably let the population grow, or add at's with them or what ever

I think the game was better with the long seasons and like a month of off season. Also should have put 2v2 and 3v3 permanently and have unranked option cause I can't test weird builds and if I do it in Ranked I get stuck with the goofy goobers till the end of the season and can't get actual result if the build is good or bad.
I think something broke PVP when they put the new Lobby in game with all the ladder changes and since then people can't be bothered to play. 
The population can't grow as long as new players start with the old ones and get rolled. I think people start of in 1250 or something rating top 250 is 1450.

I kind of prefer the 2v2 cause it depends on my effort more and if I try hard enough I could carry a goober and get a win or 2 / 3 to don't feel bad about it while in conquest I might get stuck with 1 to 4 goobers and sit and wait for the game to end.
Conquest is also not very casual game mode and the game is really really casual on the base level, so it can't be the main pvp mode. Death match is good for player agency feel, while a mode with larger pool of players  would be amazing for casual play, since removes allot of the agency but also allot of the responsibility. If the new mode is like WvW but with actual tangible win condition would do the trick, since WvW is too grand and removes almost all agency of the player and it just doesn't feel like you are achieving anything. 

• Thanks 1

Some deathmatch would be nice for me, if the map is bigger enough so you can get 1vs1's out there. If it constantly feels like 3vs3's that makes me tired. Maybe no teams, just everyone vs everyone. It's true that with conquest you can end with bad teams, but by pure stadistics, at the end, your performance is the only thing that matters, because enemy teams will also have bad players.

Dead by Daylight and League of legends did great. Even with a bad team, you can carry by yourself. Maybe not carry a game by yourself (or yes), but some mechanics where your individual performance matters a lot, and your team victory is only a small %. Say rewards, say rank up, whatever. That way, if your team is bad, but you perform, you feel good. Just play and enjoy some good fights.

• Thanks 1

I normally hate 3s and 2s, but this time around I'm enjoying it more than 5s. I think the issue is that 5's has become an absolute roam fest, with nothing but chaotic +1s from the complete lack of team work. It also favours those guys who wanne play SPB/Druid or similar, and just solo on a point all game.  Although I don't like the death match nature of 3s, it at-least forces team work.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1