Some Questions About Sharing Our Homestead & A Few Other Issues

Chichimec.9364

For years, as players on this forum have been asking for housing, I've been "meh" about the whole idea. Two of my sisters love the kinds of games where you can build and decorate your own housing, then invite friends over to see what they've done. That's never seemed like my cup of tea - until now. The idea of building my own homestead is getting more and more exciting to me. I do have some questions though, both about sharing our homesteads and about some other issues. So I'll just jump into those.

Sharing Our Homestead - After our daily run, my WvW offers to bring anyone in our squad, guildie or guest, into a full home instance for harvesting. On any given day, 1-3 members who have full instances take folks in with them, depending on how many people want to harvest. So sharing our homesteads is a big deal to me.

• Who can access our homestead - anyone or just those with the Janthir Wilds expansion?
  • How will they access our homestead? Tele to friend seems like a bit much but is there another way for folks to do that?
  • Will guests be able to get the resting buff if they stay there long enough? That buff will be a great QoL improvement for WvW players but can we share it with  others?
  • Will guests be able to use the auto-collect buttons once we get them or will that be disabled for them like the glyph of reaping?

I hope the answers to those questions will facilitate as much sharing of our homesteads as possible. Like my sisters, I would also love to invite folks to my homestead just to show off my shinies. So here's some questions about that.

Showing Off Our Shinies!

• How many weapon display cases can we set up? I have a full set of leggy weapons, including doubles of things like swords, pistols, axes, daggers, and maces. Will I be able to really strut my stuff by putting up enough display cases to show them all off?
  • Can we build more than one dock to display our skiff skins? I have several really cool ones and would greatly enjoy being able to show off a number of them at the same time on my riverfront.
  • How many statues can we put up? I have 40 + alts on my main account and would love to put up at least one statue per race.
  • Can friends put up statues of themselves in our homestead? I've had several good, ingame friends leave Tyria over the years. It would have been really sweet if they could have put up statues of themselves before they left.
  • Will we be able to put signs up on the front of our buildings with the name of that building? On our WvW run this morning, my guildies were having fun coming up with the names of various buildings they like to see in their homestead.

Whew, that's enough questions for now. I never knew I was interested in player housing but it sure seems like I am! Thank you, Anet!   
😍😍😍

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Agrotera.1254 said:

I have a question to add to your list. If you have multiple mount skins, say 4 different Raptor skins, do they all show up in the stable or just one of them?

When it comes to mount and skiff skins, I believe that they use our current equipped skin and dyes. They could try to shuffle through our favorite skins, but the issue with that is that the dyes aren't saved per mount skin.

• Like 2

The most important question is definitely how people will access our homesteads. Some games take it pretty far and create systems specifically to join player run instances. Others make it extremely difficult to join player instances, which is what I would categorize the current home instance model as. It does have be a tad bit concerned. Guild halls have a moderate way of handling instances, where you get a drop down menu of instances to choose from if you touch the outside portal. They could try to use that UI as a way to retroactively join another party member's homestead. Players could then be given a tab in LFG for homesteads if they want to create a simple public browser for homesteads.

I'm hoping that they create something that doesn't require us to visit a portal and is easy for party members to join in from anywhere, even if we are already zoned into the instance.

I said this elsewhere but I'd like to see community features such as a permission to set toggle to allow: private. party, friends list, guild members to visit your property whenever, just drop by and check it out kind of thing (ofc no edit access), it would be fun to feel like neighbours are coming over if we wish to allow it

• Like 6

22 hours ago, keyokku.5412 said:

I said this elsewhere but I'd like to see community features such as a permission to set toggle to allow: private. party, friends list, guild members to visit your property whenever, just drop by and check it out kind of thing (ofc no edit access), it would be fun to feel like neighbours are coming over if we wish to allow it

this is great. id like passerbys to come n see. see no touch. 

• Like 1