Janthir Wilds Spear Beta Event Feedback: Revenant

4 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Yeah, when I made that post I had been about to comment about them killing it when they removed chill (and therefore Abyssal Chill), and then I checked and realised it did still have it in PvE.

It is still, though, ironically making spear feel much more like a Mallyx weapon... just make the effects purple-black instead of red-black and it'd probably feel more like a Mallyx weapon than mace/axe does.

purple black would fit my outfit, agreed !!

I'm liking the spear after the release changes, though now my mace feels very inferior in comparison. I have always wondered why WvW mace gets up to 10s of torment while PvE is only 6s at max torm duration? Now spear in PvE gets 12 whole seconds but mace is still only at 6s. I like to double swap but it makes that a bit too punishing when the other condi weapons don't keep up and you lose your Crushing Abyss stacks for 1 measly trigger on swap (that I believe may not even trigger a blast like normal Abyssal Raze?). 

I'm liking it as a whole but would like more viability in the other weapons to promote swapping instead of camping.

I still don't like spam 5 and find it weak for a power build.

I appreciate Anet's efforts for once, for modifying the weapon, compared to the beta version where it was really crappy, in the hope that it won't become so again, “hammer”.

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 1

Maybe instead of having to spam skill 5 they should change it to one big AoE field that last long (for example 10s) that pulse Abyssal Raze from time to time (for example every 2 sek). Additional mechanic may be ability to recast it one time with will relocate filed. This way we can use other skills to keep enemies inside this field instant spamming it.

Spamming this skill is annoying and what more it also required to keep track of stack number, time whole thing last and using other weapon skill to make sure we have what to spam. 
Especially that most Revenant builds already requires keeping track of resources, upkeep skills and swapping legends and weapons.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Malv.3065 said:

Maybe instead of having to spam skill 5 they should change it to one big AoE field that last long (for example 10s) that pulse Abyssal Raze from time to time (for example every 2 sek). Additional mechanic may be ability to recast it one time with will relocate filed. This way we can use other skills to keep enemies inside this field instant spamming it.

Spamming this skill is annoying and what more it also required to keep track of stack number, time whole thing last and using other weapon skill to make sure we have what to spam. 
Especially that most Revenant builds already requires keeping track of resources, upkeep skills and swapping legends and weapons.

nope. targets that move and get out of it makes that a very big damage lose. there are targets in pve even that move out of it, then I am not even speaking about competitive which would make it then a dead skill.

It's a little bit different playstyle currently with it more and I think that's okay, not everything needs to feel the same

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

nope. targets that move and get out of it makes that a very big damage lose. there are targets in pve even that move out of it, then I am not even speaking about competitive which would make it then a dead skill.

It's a little bit different playstyle currently with it more and I think that's okay, not everything needs to feel the same

This is why I say that on recast You can reposition AoE. Also You will have all other Revenant skills to keep enemy in AoE as long as possible. 
Current skill also is dmg lose. Its hard to land and keep on max stack, especiali with all other Revenant skill that You need to use to max dps. 

I don't mind different playstyle, but current spear feel chaotic and focus only on spamming skill 5. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Malv.3065 said:

This is why I say that on recast You can reposition AoE. Also You will have all other Revenant skills to keep enemy in AoE as long as possible. 
Current skill also is dmg lose. Its hard to land and keep on max stack, especiali with all other Revenant skill that You need to use to max dps. 

I don't mind different playstyle, but current spear feel chaotic and focus only on spamming skill 5. 

I'm okay with the current playstyle just not that camping it is the strongest option. I'm loving the insane numbers it's putting out after launch and will be sad when it's nerfed but I do want to see other weapon sets used WITH it.

From what I see in PvE with my build (mostly Renegade) I don't see any "insane numbers". I got lower dps and more chaotic gameplay and it's mostly because skill 5 mechanic. 

I agree that weapon itself have nice dps but if it's paired with class/spec skills I start to see issues with maintaining high dmg. 
Have anyone check it on other spec or core?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Malv.3065 said:

From what I see in PvE with my build (mostly Renegade) I don't see any "insane numbers". I got lower dps and more chaotic gameplay and it's mostly because skill 5 mechanic. 

I agree that weapon itself have nice dps but if it's paired with class/spec skills I start to see issues with maintaining high dmg. 
Have anyone check it on other spec or core?

Condi Renegade specifically is outperforming every DPS spec in the game right now so you're doing something wrong. It is mostly a condi weapon, with decent power numbers on it as well. It is not meant to be ran as power. So yeah, go slap on vipers gear and outdps everything. The current bench is 53k, it is quite easy to get around those numbers. 

It will be nerfed soon. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bdecki.7856 said:

Condi Renegade specifically is outperforming every DPS spec in the game right now so you're doing something wrong. It is mostly a condi weapon, with decent power numbers on it as well. It is not meant to be ran as power. So yeah, go slap on vipers gear and outdps everything. The current bench is 53k, it is quite easy to get around those numbers. 

It will be nerfed soon. 

I hope that kitten nerf about durations prob mostly, only is for pve... . That they seperate that content...