World versus Walls

18 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Everyone loves it when a visible tag appears; all breathing a collective sigh of relief that someone else is taking the lead.  Some things never change.

This is nicely written, but misses the point somewhat when players (due to family, work, etc.) cannot play spontaneously and therefore have to plan their playing times in advance and then adjust them to those they would like to play with.

On 7/3/2024 at 3:11 PM, bq pd.2148 said:

below 1 kdr however, i am not sure if fall damage/death to npc count to get the numbers down? would still have to happen more than 3way kills.

below 1 k/d in that case is gw2mists only having data of registered players. The "official" stats in the wvw panel show all servers above 1 k/d during the entire match.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

below 1 k/d in that case is gw2mists only having data of registered players. The "official" stats in the wvw panel show all servers above 1 k/d during the entire match.

Wait, really?  I would've thought gw2mists gets the Kills and Deaths data from the API.

But you're right that the in-game data differs from what's displayed  on gw2mists.  IIRC that was a problem related to an API issue.

See for example:

Edited by Chaba.5410

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Wait, really?  I would've thought gw2mists gets the Kills and Deaths data from the API.

But you're right that the in-game data differs from what's displayed  on gw2mists.  IIRC that was a problem related to an API issue.

See for example:

Didn't know about the API issue, just assumed that was how gw2mists calculated their data (since I noticed that it differed from what the game reported). My bad. But the point still stands that apparently the servers all have a k/d above 1.

Edited by Sonderm.4639