Green/Blue Shards, Magnetite Shards with JaW

With strikes they had started using the green shards with the current expac, and blue shards with the previous Strike content. Since no new Strikes are coming with JaW, but a new raid wing is coming, this poses questions.

1. Will green shards be discontinued with JaW and all Strikes get blue shards? How will the process go for obtaining rewards, especially Mystic Coins and Clovers? Will there still be a 150 weekly limit, or will the limit grow to accomodate all the Strike rewards?

2. Will the new Raid use Green shards, will it use Magnetite shards, or a new currency altogether?

I would like to see changes to the Strike shard system. You could never work to get Mystic coins and Mystic Clovers weekly, and still be able to acquire the Strike rewards because of the cap. Strikes need what raids have, an alternative to getting shards above the weekly cap by turning in extra minis or ascended gear obtained. Or better yet, make one unified currency between Strikes and Raids. The newest expac could have the new expac currency, while all previous Strike/Raids have old currency.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

So make the pre JW strikes drop magnatite shards? While i like the idea (so i finally get get the white mantle weapons and stuff) i feel the raid community rather keeps raid rewards gated. 

Be4 anyone tells me to just play raids for the weapons, i did. I managed to get the sword and shield. But the price of mental exhaustion, stress and anxiety...was not worth it.

• Confused 3

Fair question but there's a lot still unclear about JaWi. It might be the same as with unusual/ancient coins where only the latest expansion drops unusual coins and the previous ones all drop ancient coins.

So I'm thinking they will do the same with green and blue shards but I'm just guessing. 

2 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Fair question but there's a lot still unclear about JaWi. It might be the same as with unusual/ancient coins where only the latest expansion drops unusual coins and the previous ones all drop ancient coins.

So I'm thinking they will do the same with green and blue shards but I'm just guessing. 

Well since there are no strikes in JW there will most likely not be any change.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2024 at 6:24 PM, Kinurak.5307 said:

So make the pre JW strikes drop magnatite shards? While i like the idea (so i finally get get the white mantle weapons and stuff) i feel the raid community rather keeps raid rewards gated. 

Be4 anyone tells me to just play raids for the weapons, i did. I managed to get the sword and shield. But the price of mental exhaustion, stress and anxiety...was not worth it.

The raid rewards are still gated by having to complete the content for unlocking the weapons, I believe? I could be mistaken. That’s how it is for the strike rewards also.

• Confused 1

With the shift back to calling the tough group instance content Raids, it feels like they making it so that the shards don't get turned blue so people are forced to do SotO strikes for a while longer, rather than grind it in Strikes that were just made better.

• Confused 2