Strikes - Central Location Needed

15 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Or add them all were you can join old lions court in lions arch.

may not want to put something so easily accessable, i can just imagine a F2P player coming across it and being overwhelmed by all the "you must have X expansion to acces this content" warnings, and only having OLC available.

doesn;t present a very user-freindly experience

• Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

may not want to put something so easily accessable, i can just imagine a F2P player coming across it and being overwhelmed by all the "you must have X expansion to acces this content" warnings, and only having OLC available.

doesn;t present a very user-freindly experience

Aint eye of the north unlocked for ftp people when they get to 80 aswell?

7 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Marionette?

yeah, i guess, although that feels oddly placed to me,
like all the other Lw1 events can be accessed in and around LA or (in the case of the tower of nightmares) accessed in the maps they take place in, it's a little weird that Marrionette forces players away from central tyria to a location they've never been directed too before unless they've linked their account with GW1

Edited by Parasite.5389

As well as the Eye of the North free accounts can get into the Lion's Arch Aerodrome and will get a big 'you must own HoT/PoF' message in the middle of the screen if they try to enter any of the raids, so exactly that system already exists.

I'm not sure if anyone finds that overwhelming but anyone on a free account will constantly run into things they can't do without buying the game (like buy most the stuff on the Trading Post) and they can't go to Lion's Arch until level 30 so they should be used to it by then.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2024 at 11:29 PM, Quirin.1076 said:

Strikes need to have a central location to enter all of them.

I have never gotten into strikes and this is one of the reasons why. I'm like... where do I even go to access all these? And I don't feel like world traveling to do it when fractals IE are just more lucrative and all in one place.

If they would make a HUB to access all strikes from one location, I would enjoy getting involved honestly.

• Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

where do I even go to access all these?

Eye of the North (IBS) gives you access to:

• All 7 Ice Brood Saga Strike Missions 
    • "IBS 5" referring to Boneskinner, Whisper of JormagVoice of the Fallen and Claw of the Fallen, Fraenir JormagsShiverpeak Pass
    • "IBS 3" or "IBS Easy 3" only referring to Voice of the Fallen and Claw of the Fallen, Fraenir JormagsShiverpeak Pass
      • IBS 5 + DS means all 5 Standard IBS Strikes plus Dragonstorm 10player
    • Also the Forging Steel Strike Mission and Cold War Strike Mission
  • Dragonstorm
  • Tower of Nightmares
  • Battle for Lions Arch
  • Twisted Marionette
  • Naturally unlocked by IBS Story, but you can get there early if you want to

Wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eye_of_the_North

Arborstone (EoD) gives you access to:

• All 4 End of Dragons Strike Missions
    • Aetherblade Hideout (Mai Trin or AH), Xunlai Jade Junkyard (Ankka or XJJ), Kaineng Overlook (Minister Li or KO) and Harvest Temple (Dragon Void or HT)
  • Old Lions Court Strike Mission (OLC)
  • All Challenge Modes of those Strikes
  • Arborstone also connects to Kaineng City and Echowald serving as the main hub for End of Dragons

Wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arborstone

The Wizard's Tower (SotO) gives you acces to:

• All 2 Secrets of the Obscure Strike Missions
    • Cosmic Observatory (Dagda or CO) and Temple of Febe (Cerus or ToF)
    • All Challenge Modes of those Strikes and the Legendary Challenge Mode of Temple of Febe
  • This is also the main hub for Convergences
    • Public on a fixed timer or private as a squad, including Challenge Modes
  • It connects to Skywatch Archipelago, Amnytas and Inner Nayos serving as the main hub for Secrets of the Obscure

Wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Wizard's_Tower

More Infos about Strikes can be found here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Strike_Mission

All Strikes can also be accessed via Open World entrances but squads usually use the main hubs. Raids are accessed via the Lion's Arch Aerodrome connecting to Lion's Arch. Raids can also be accessed via Open World entrances but players usually use the Aerodrome. If you feel lost, the wiki might be your best friend. You can also ask in map chats or other players. Our community is usually extremely helpful.

Edited by Radiancee.6537
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I have never gotten into strikes and this is one of the reasons why. I'm like... where do I even go to access all these? And I don't feel like world traveling to do it when fractals IE are just more lucrative and all in one place.

If they would make a HUB to access all strikes from one location, I would enjoy getting involved honestly.

TP2F when lazy

• Like 1