July 16 Competitive Update Preview

On 7/15/2024 at 6:04 AM, kiranslee.4829 said:

While changes look good and positive, i have few questions regarding existing issues in pvp and wvw:

1. Will Anet finally address match manipulation/selling monthly AT tournaments ?

2. Are we finally gonna get option for reporting hackers/glitch abusers ?

Apparently there is already a system in place for reporting players (though it is woefully inadequate).  Instead of having an option to report cheating, Anet just says to use the 'Botting' option in the report feature.  This claim of using 'Botting' to report cheating is supported in another post by a GM.  There are 2 main updates I think that should be implemented to the reporting system:  First - add a cheating option to the drop down menu for reports to alleviate confusion and allow for more specific reports; second allow for players to report other users from the result screen in PvP (I believe, currently, the way to report someone is by either clicking on their character portrait or user name in chat or guild/friends/block list).  

On 7/12/2024 at 6:07 PM, MasterJake.9375 said:

The scoring changes are a good idea but they are way too extreme. The numbers need to flattened out because there are nighttime guilds who are very active during those times in NA. Its extremely demotivating that your hard work is less impactful than during the daytime. 

It should be as impactful as it is proportionally representative. 10% of a server's population going around uncontested to dominate the maps at extreme off-hours shouldn't be able to negate the 90% that played during peak hours (where actual conflicts are happening) and lost. Nighttime guilds will still be able to contribute, but just not at such an absurdly disproportionate rate that a minority of players can inflate the tier of a server beyond where it should be and end up kittening up the matchmaking for the majority playing at prime time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Hi Anet, writing things like "These changes are focused on making gameplay in and around sieging structures feel healthier, paying particular attention to the tools defenders have available. We continue to strive to make both attacking and defending feel good for players." is extremely vague and pointless when you don't follow up with reasoning on each change. I'm not saying you are wrong but i would love to hear for example, how does the siege ram health change make sieging structures feel healthier? How does the guild golem supply change achieve this? How does the arrow cart supply change feed into this?

I would love to hear concrete examples of what your thinking is when you make these changes, not just some vague text about how this will make it "healthier", what does healthier even mean in this context? Was it unhealthy before? In that case, in what way?

• Like 2

Why are you paying devs to work on a game mode only RMT boosters play?

You have nothing to to in your game, add more PvE, not a 100% dead game mode that's a few peoples illegal revenue streams.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 7/17/2024 at 1:31 PM, Song of Eternity.8613 said:

Essentially what Anet has done is sold Alliances as allowing guilds to choose their allies. Now they have to factor the time zone of the allies they select.

Pretty much.  Cant add an AUS/SEA/West coast favored chunk of players if you can get East coast players instead, because having 20 more players on EST is almost guaranteed to be more valuable than having 50 people who start playing 4 hours later, unless your prime time is already always capped on all 4 maps. 

It cant go live like this if theyre considering the next step being more rewards for higher tiers, you lock half the NA playerbase timezones out of ever being able to compete. 

• Like 1

There should be a reward for defending objectives. It takes a lot of time to build siege defenses, and while a player does that, their participation score decreases. If we manage to protect an objective without killing anyone, it's like like we haven't done anything. How are we supposed to defend 1 vs 10? Using siege weapons against assaulters, setting up supply traps— all of this for nothing!  :classic_unsure: It's the same situation when we rebuild walls; it gives no participation points, and too often I'm alone rebuilding a T3, which takes so long. If you don't want people to rebuild, just disable it. But if you think it's part of the game, then give participation points for that.

Edited by Skybud.5294
  • Like 4