Gem cap?

Not as far as I know. I've never heard anyone mention one and I assume it would have come up at some point if there was one. That means either it's unlimited or it's so high that no one has ever had to worry about it.

(The most I've ever had personally was just over 5,000 but I'm sure other people have had far more.)

3 hours ago, Artemis.8034 said:

Just curious if there is a cap on how many gems you can have on an account.

At the time of posting this message, according to GW2 Efficiency, the player with the most Gems has 625,209.

Gems aren't restricted to 200k like Gold is, it may have some sort of numerical limit based on the games system, but I assume it's not a small number.

• Like 2

There could be a cap around ~ 4.000.000.000 gems if the system is 32bit. If they used a 64bit system for currency, it doesn't matter anyway.
But even 4kkk gems are unrealistic to reach.

Edited by Radiancee.6537
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

At the time of posting this message, according to GW2 Efficiency, the player with the most Gems has 625,209.

Gems aren't restricted to 200k like Gold is, it may have some sort of numerical limit based on the games system, but I assume it's not a small number.

I think gold is restricted by a numerical limit too, because 200k gold is  2 000 000 000 copper, which is signed 32bit (rounded  down from 214,...k gold to 200k).

My guess is that the limit of all the currencies in the wallet is signed 32 bit (maybe rounded like for gold).