Hammer GS Vindi - aaaaalright, it's gone on long enough

1 minute ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yeah it's actually ridiculous when it gets into a team fight next to things that toss might at it. It starts clearing nodes solo with Death Drop & GS5 alone. It's dumb.

gs5, that huge over visually ability is ez to dodge because of it.

death drop instant damage remove it, replace it because of it with few vulnerability stacks on hit and a crippling condition.

If this is done the main problem is gone and everyone will be able to focus on the other ability to counter instead of a dodge anymore too.

I am curious what else they will nerf, what isn't needed at all to ruin vindi or rev in general. Because mostly after giving them the spoon in the mouth where problem is, they use special glasses to not see it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why a class does 5+k dps with dodge and having 15 evade frames in 15 seconds? Also why a class able to climb unreachable places by any other spec by double dodging? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, cOf.7940 said:

Why a class does 5+k dps with dodge and having 15 evade frames in 15 seconds? 

I see the frustration many have atm from that hitting hard ye.

But the exagerations 1 dodge/second, 15 seconds long.

We also jump to the moon and back, that's why it hits so hard because the velocity from returning that high

• Haha 4

If anybody calls deathdrop anything other than "sky evade" ;/

"The vindi sky evaded for like 10 seconds, maybe even 15, I think he was cloud seeding, but don't wanne sound like a flat earther"

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Certainly it's not the signet cata, 10 ele MAT level, but it's wild to me that a handful of things have gone for so long with little to no nerfs.
Vindicator's one of those.

Kinda wondering if JW ends up having a large balance patch that shakes up the meta and topples the kings for a bit.
Maybe they'll be the inferior knockoff of the meta build for a while instead of the other way around.

Or if instead, the things on top just remain on top because there's no more elite specs to powercreep past em lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yes, we love your enthusiasm. Thank you for taking care.
By the way, are you going to be here once it is ranger's turn and its multiple A-S tier builds?
Or are you going to disappear again at a time like that and pretend that everything is all right?

@arazoth.7290
It did not help that you resurrected such posts so often by replying to everything. 😂
It became part of his argument now; most of the PvP population hates the spec, only it is ruining everything! But maybe that's right, since the population consists of about 15 players and the same 10 continuously come here to cry.

Edited by TruthSeeker.3697
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, TruthSeeker.3697 said:

@arazoth.7290
It did not help that you resurrected such posts so often by replying to everything. 😂
It became part of his argument now; most of the PvP population hates the spec, only it is ruining everything! But maybe that's right, since the population consists of about 15 players and the same 10 continuously come here to cry.

jup, but the posts aren't going to disappear. So I rather have hope by posting what anet should focus on nerfing instead lf random non correlated nerfs again 

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

jup, but the posts aren't going to disappear. So I rather have hope by posting what anet should focus on nerfing instead lf random non correlated nerfs again 

They never seem to really listen to feedback, because of developer pride or something?
The recent Urn nerfs were kittening harsh. kitten anyone who wasn't a Devastation/Swift Termination Death Drop build, free-casting with hammer from range and then asphyxiating players getting close with Death Drop.
Meanwhile, Death Drop has yet to see its first nerf. In fact, it was nerfed much earlier in WvW for some reason, over two years ago.

Same thing happened with Herald, only after several nerfs to random things around the main problem they finally address that main issue(s) and then wonder why no one bothers with it anymore.
And this keeps happening with every spec and class.
Another thing, completly remove the damage from hammer #4 already, and add a proper cast time to the field and its Aegis.
Since power-anything revenant is going to be balanced against hammer being that kittening good at everything from now on.

Would be cool to have more competitive full-melee stuff. (Because note; Vind suddenly became very strong after getting access to hammer, as it removed most of its weaknesses which is indeed bad). Without relying on stealth, teleports, pulsing fields of vomit.
Now I see why warriors need to be nigh-immortal in order to play the kittening game when playing full melee builds.
So much kitten all over the floor and from range.

Edited by Sereath.1428
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Sereath.1428 said:

The recent Urn nerfs were kittening harsh. kitten anyone who wasn't a Devastation/Swift Termination Death Drop build, 

Aside my hammer vindi build, which I use now less because everyone uses it on vindi, The other vindi builds indeed suffered...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TruthSeeker.3697 said:

Yes, we love your enthusiasm. Thank you for taking care.
By the way, are you going to be here once it is ranger's turn and its multiple A-S tier builds?
Or are you going to disappear again at a time like that and pretend that everything is all right?

Enough of this.

I just went through an elaborate argument in the wvw forums to get people/arenanet to identify a bug in ranger sustain regarding double up-ticks of healing occurring from rugged growth each time the ranger reapplies protection. If I had I some biased agenda to keep ranger strong, why would I do that?

4 hours ago, Sereath.1428 said:

Death Drop has yet to see its first nerf. In fact, it was nerfed much earlier in WvW for some reason, over two years ago.

Because it was insanely busted in wvw zerg situations. In wvw, you can do +40% endurance regen food and +50% energy sigils on each side, alongside of generally elongate vigor buff. Aside from what many think, these different sources of endurance regen do indeed all stack. It results in bottomless sky dodging that never ends.

Imagine rolling into a 40 v 40. About 8 FBs are present in the opponent zerg, rest are Vindi DPS. When they roll into you, all the FBs have to do is survive and throw aegis/stab at the Vindi DPS. You can't hit the Vindi DPS because of actual endless sky dodging, and the fraction of a second they land before dodging again, they have aegis and stab to absorb w/e brief strike or CC may land before they're sky dodging again. And every time they come down, they're dropping a +25 might ranger level maul damage on everyone's head. So if 8 of those 40 are FBs in each subsquad and 32 are Vindi DPS, how difficult do you think it would be for a commander in coms to coordinate literal zerg oneshots simply by saying "ok everyone sky dodge to the left now" and when they land, 32 ranger mauls are dropped in that area in a fraction of a second. The build was way too defensive, way too much damage for the defense, and way too easy & precise to steer in coms. We're talking a bunch of guys just dodge rolling, using no other mechanics.

That is why it was nerfed in wvw and those same sleazy cheesy mechanics need to be nerfed in pvp as well.

• Confused 4