Will the limits on decoration proximity be softened too for guild halls?

On 7/16/2024 at 12:18 PM, Vetkin.6041 said:

(source: https://www.buffed.de/Guild-Wars-2-Spiel-17072/Specials/Housing-Interview-Arenanet-1451545/)

I
'd like to know if it is planned to soften the proximity limit for decorations within the guild hall too.

Thanks!

It's a good question. They did say that they were going to move over the tools to guild halls eventually, but many of the tools are best used when the decorations can be stacked closer together. Two of the new tools are designed to help with merging decorations inside each other and the terrain, which can be easily impaired by proximity limits.

For those who don't know, the proximity decoration limit in guild halls can be frustratingly small. It creates problems with things like making convincing Super Adventure Box terrain or having a large number of chairs in a small space for things like a stage audience seating area.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quench.7091 said:

For those who don't know, the proximity decoration limit in guild halls can be frustratingly small. It creates pro

blems with things like making convincing Super Adventure Box terrain or having a large number of chairs in a small space for things like a stage audience seating area.

Aye, but it exists due technical limitations of the game. A limit is always going to exist.

I believe theyve said increasing limits in the GH is also tied to min specs. So there's a lot of tech barriers that might be preventing it.

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Aye, but it exists due technical limitations of the game. A limit is always going to exist.

I believe theyve said increasing limits in the GH is also tied to min specs. So there's a lot of tech barriers that might be preventing it.

This is true, but the min specs have also changed over time. I do wonder if things like DX11 improved this situation. The barriers with rendering the objects must have changed.

9 minutes ago, Quench.7091 said:

This is true, but the min specs have also changed over time. I do wonder if things like DX11 improved this situation. The barriers with rendering the objects must have changed.

The min. specs are still rather low, on my old pc  which fulfills them easily, I still often run into invisible decorations because they need too long to load and that's just a privat hall without that many decorations.

• Like 1