Will the spear be integrated into the traits?

They really need to incorporate them into the trait lines if they want the weapon to be truly viable. Personally I feel the trait system needs an overhaul of changes with a list that needs it's own thread (and I touched on it in my feedback for warrior spear if you are curious).

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I've always disliked buffs for specific weapons for traits because it pigeonholes specific weapons for specific traitlines. ANET has been moving away from utility skill CDs being tied to specific traitlines as well, and I'd like them to move towards more generalized bonuses for weapons. For example, Zealous Blade is an example of a trait that isn't very interesting, whereas Right-Hand Strength is much more interesting and allows for much more flexibility.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I always liked the traits for certain weapons. Made it interesting: Should I use the trait line for that weapon or try to get another one for other benefits but not get the boost for the weapon? With that many weapons added (and being able to mix elite weapons and use them with other e-specs or core) I really think it would be fun to get a bigger overhaul of the trait system though.

Moving certain stuff (cd reduction) in a separate thing - besides the traits. And/or adding a 4th trait line slot with new stuff exclusive for that slot. I also liked the super old system at release where you could give points - getting a bit of each of the 5 trait lines while not maxing (using the full trait line).

With the current system it seems that at max skill types will be affected (mainly relevant for utility skills but some weapons use skills of certain types as well). Spear seems to mostly have unique skills not fitting in another existing skill category I think.

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, H K.4057 said:

I've always disliked buffs for specific weapons for traits because it pigeonholes specific weapons for specific traitlines. 

so much this! 

I'd rather the traits were stuff like "improves 2H weapons" or "improves dual wield" or "improves 1H weapons" (which exists a little but not as much as "axe and focus are improved" kind of things).

Or simpler yet: "improves power", "improves condition damage", "reduces weapon cooldown" etc. (which also exists a little but not as much as "poison is increased" or "longbow is improved")

In the old days, there was a stacking issue with conditions and you had to pre-plan who would use which condition, and who used only power. You couldn't just randomly show up with some bleeds and expect all would be well. I believe that's why so many traits and runes are specific to one single condition. But things have since changed and it's more common to have weapons that apply 4 different conditions, than just one. The traits and runes should ideally change to reflect this.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2024 at 7:38 PM, Hecksler Der Henker.9280 said:

Previously, all weapons of a class were listed in the properties and the weapon could be easily improved.

This was not the case with Secrets of the Obscure.

Come the spears in Janthir Wilds listed in the traits?

Not all. None of the Dragon Hunter traits improve the longbow, for example.

On 7/17/2024 at 6:55 PM, H K.4057 said:

I've always disliked buffs for specific weapons for traits because it pigeonholes specific weapons for specific traitlines. ANET has been moving away from utility skill CDs being tied to specific traitlines as well, and I'd like them to move towards more generalized bonuses for weapons. For example, Zealous Blade is an example of a trait that isn't very interesting, whereas Right-Hand Strength is much more interesting and allows for much more flexibility.

Yes, I fully agree with this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They change all weapon specific traits to be one handed/two handed, melee/range specific traits. Limiting a trait to a specific weapon and not letting a weapon have it's full potential excluded from the trait hurts build diversity. Guardian Hammer going in the right direction, while unironically Guardian Torch going in the wrong direction.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1