I'm starting to not like big group content

I feel quite jaded from big group content. In large scale events with full groups, nothing you do really matters and it's essentially just turn up and win a prize. On the occasion that you end up doing a large event with a small number of players, it quickly highlights how many are sitting it out on sky-scales, are already dead, doing 1k dps, or have no idea how to do the event at all.

Edited by babak.3654
Clarification that I'm refering to big group content, not all open world
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I do think the boonball designed requirement makes no sense for an 'action' mmo. What's worse is that you clump up and visibility goes to crap.

I can see some good in decent but not obligatory small clumps (500 distance) of 2-3 players, but a 5-9-more blob is just terrible. The min range for buffs/heals shld have a radius of 900 at min. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 7/20/2024 at 3:20 PM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I just don't see how you can have played other MMOs and end up thinking that GW2 has done anything better with regard to instanced PvE content.

He/she did say it was the worst Instanced PvE content in the genre.  So...confused.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

He/she did say it was the worst Instanced PvE content in the genre.  So...confused.

Generally, you want to start reading from the beginning of a paragraph rather than cropping out one sentence and changing the context to whatever you'd like it to be.  I was in agreement with the person I replied to that this game's instanced PvE content is worse than other MMOs.  I also explained why.  Still confused, champ?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I'm not tired of big group content myself, since it's why I play an MMORPG. I do however take issue with the power creep of boons. The original version of this game had boons balanced around not having a 100% upkeep time. The durations didn't even add together. This limited time of boons created a good excuse to have them being as strong as they are now. They are supposed to be short bursts of power. Several changes throughout the game, including the addition of pure support and healer roles, have changed the landscape to one that is foreign to what it was designed to be.

The current game has an always boon or die structure within content that involves massive amounts of players. That's what I'm tired of.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I can relate to your opening post Darkk when it comes to having to follow a leader in fractals or PVE. I like to just get out there and do my thing and have fun, someone chatting out a tip is cool but the constant instructions is blaahh... It seems as if some people camp the instances and will throw you under the bus by not rezzing even after you done rezzed them 3=4 times, a in order to deny you participation in the instances, (gate keepers). WVW is a dead game-mode to me, last time i was in PVP it was full of guys delaying the start of the fight in order to change their build to counter yours, so no thank you. 

I've just made my mind up to stick to myself, I'll be cordial in games but I'm not looking to form any long term friendships. This works for me perfectly as I don't really want to be that invested in the game drama or the politics generated in the competitive or instance modes. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1