20% Off Living World Event 16-23 July - Working or not?

Hi!

Like the title said, right now there is an event/sale running(from 16 to 23 july) , this one:

It's clearly state the 20% off living world episodes and season, but in game there is not such discount!

The only thing running is the usual 20% off for the complete living world pack, and nothing else.

I even make a support ticket, and they told me that there are no promotion right now(besides the usual discount on complete packs, which is the normal price as they even stated)... so whats the point of this event/sale? 

Im missing something? 

Simply bad wording of the event/sale?

Or from 24 and on there will be not the usual 20% anymore?

Help me understand!

Thanks.

Edited by Ahriman.9765

What you are describing seems odd, but players who have the seasons unlocked can no longer see them in gem store so I can offer no confirmation, refutation or explanation . . .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Because it says “all”, I wonder if it’s a badly worded promotion for the complete living world pack

It's strange because no living season/pack/episode it's on sale! edit: for me at least

Even the individual episodes are full priced at 200 gem for example.

I open a support ticket, will let you know how it goes! I'm a bit sad because i wanted to goes all in and buy every living season 😢

Thanks to all for the replies.

Edited by Ahriman.9765

• ArenaNet Staff

I've got an update on this: This was a phrasing issue. The sale was for the all episodes within each season. I'm sorry about the confusion, but we'll make sure to word it more clearly in the future!

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I've got an update on this: This was a phrasing issue. The sale was for the all episodes within each season. I'm sorry about the confusion, but we'll make sure to word it more clearly in the future!

Mmmm. 

Im sorry but i still dont understand!  

"All the episodes within each season"? You mean like the sale was/Is for ALL the seasons combine?

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Aren't Season Episode Bundles (all Episodes of one Season) always 20% off?  Isn't one afforded the discount for buying an entire Season at once?  I checked my alt account, and didn't see any discount other than the usual 20% off.

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
typo/grammar
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Aren't Season Episode Bundles (all Episodes of one Season) always 20% off?  Isn't one afforded the discount for buying an entire Season at once?  I checked my alt account, and didn't see any discount other than the usual 20% off.

Yes the season complete pack for each living world season is always 20% off!

Im confused because of this ahah.

Edit: i think Simply there Is no sale at all and they wrongly stated that.

Edited by Ahriman.9765
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The sale is ended and so the "usual" 20% with the  complete pack for each season!

It seems it's not so usual anymore 🥸

I asked both times (here and with the support ticket) if all of that means that the 20% ""usual"" discount will disappear after the sale are gone, and no answer... even better, the support ticket confirmed me that the 20% was the normale price (The only promotion active is the 20% discount, which is the normal price of Living World Complete Pack, these words).

And now its gone?

If this is the case(maybe im missing something, but in the gem store in-game all the complete pack are full priced, so...) very bad comunication from arenanet; im disappointed 🤐.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Wait you mean the bundles now are the same price as getting the episodes individually? 

When did they make this change? Unless we are all and the wiki are suffering from a mantela effect and it was never the case. What is the point of the bundle?

Edited by Turin.6921
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Turin.6921 said:

Wait you mean the bundles now are the same price as getting the episodes individually? 

When did they make this change? Unless we are all and the wiki are suffering from a mantela effect and it was never the case. What is the point of the bundle?

Cant post any image (because of the forum), but yes, now the bundle are full price! For me at least, if somebody else can chek will be glad!

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Turin.6921 said:

Why can't you? You can add images and links here.

Yes sorry, i meant i cant post an image directly! 

Anyway this is the gem store i see now https://postimg.cc/FfJ3Lpy7

57 minutes ago, Turin.6921 said:

Do you maybe have any episode unlocked individually previously?

Yes, i have unlocked 1 episodes of season 3(the first) and 2 of the icebrood saga! This is why the icebrood saga is 800 gems instead of 1200. The season 3 have no discount though, don't know why.

Thanks for the interest.

20 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 Sorry for the extra ping but is this correct? The living world packs now cost as much as buying the episodes individually? Since in the price history in the wiki it seems that this was not the case up until at least may? Was this a recent change?

And now the 20% off Living World Season packs are back available, but only until August 2????

Bug Fix:

Fixed a pricing issue that affected the Living World season complete packs. They will be 20% off again until August 2, at the proper price.

So, there was never any extra saving with Living World Season packs as advertised, and now they are, after being discounted since inception, priced with no advantage to purchasing in pack form.

/smh

Edit:  So, I went on my alt account and the extra discount on Living World Season packs is now available (36% off total) and supposedly after August 2nd, will be back to 20% off.

The phrasing of the Game Update leaves a bit to be desired (again from newbie? staff/Mod).

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 1

Then it seems it was a bug in the pricing and since they fixed it they extended the extra sale to compensate for the mistake.

So OP: Go crazy on the living world. There is the sale you were supposed to have.

Edited by Turin.6921
  • Like 2