Eye colour changed

One of my characters in game changed its eye colour from "chocolate" to "blue". When i logged out yesterday it was "chocolate". Today i logged in and it is "blue" now? I did not use any kits or something like that. Is it possible to revert back that change? It is really frustrating and underwhelming, if i now have to use a kit just to revert back a change i did not make.

On the same vein, I don't know about you, but when ever I use a total makeover kit I spend quit a bit of time fine tuning the shape till I'm satisfied and I make sure to zoom out to observe it from a distance and after I click accept it never looks quite the same. There seems to be a disconnect between the preview model in the kits with the actual model in game, and yes, same with the eye and hair color, it's never quite like the preview.

Now flat out reversing a change that never happened to me, but I have a sneaking suspicious the data regarding characters appearance might be compressed in some way and that could be prone to bug out.

• Confused 1

The kit uses a different lighting source than the one at your current location.  The zoom options are also at different angles than we can achieve reliably in game.

Ask any streamer, different lighting can drastically change your appearance for better or worse.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

(..)I have a sneaking suspicious the data regarding characters appearance might be compressed in some way and that could be prone to bug out.

As in the post above, yes.

Toolkit/character creation use different, neutral light, accentuates glossiness and reflection nicely.
Toolkit/character creation use higher resolution hair texture and renders transparency differently.
Toolkit/character creation use correct eye shading (except for the small preview icons), which may be different/bugged in the world for some face templates... or all asura, and most of the sylvari permanently, rendering one eye differently from another.

Hey OP, did you try to repair your client yet? If you did and the strange change persists, write to support.

Edited by Marge.4035

I checked my eye colour with a makeover kit and it now shows "blue" instead of "chocolate" too.  So the colour changed, which is very frustrating because now i would have to use a makeover kit just to revert the change. That's very frustrating and feels a bit of a scam too, since the makeover is not free. I already informed support and ingame support about this, but no revert until now. I will keep updating this until its hopefully reverted back.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1