WvW ?

Hello gamers,

Its it me or does it feel that green teams are mostly dead teams in the matchup since the team system i noticed it mostly an two way fight between blue and reds except in tier 1.
Also feels like they brought back nightcap ppt with the new point system.
Is it me or does it feel like i barley see any WvW guilds from before the team system went live ? or are people just reping their "Alliance" guilds now.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

green teams outside t1 are the ones that have lost the week prior. given 1up1down system that only lasts a couple weeks between reshuffles, yes green is usually (outside of t1 and first week) the ones that are not in the tier they belong, while red is like the ones that are a bit too strong for the tier.

• Like 1

Well it's thursday and I dont often check thursdays historically so I have little exact data to compare but it's looks like overall it'll end within around 10% deviance of the last 3-4 weeks in terms of KDA. So not that much difference since the summer began, only the very first WR weeks had noticably higher activity than "normal".

It's also the height of summer vacations, in case anyone forgot the time of year everyone has claimed WvW is dead for the past 12 years.

How you can argue that they "brought back" nightcap PPT when they removed any reason to be particularly active outside of prime with the new scoring method I have no clue. Your claim is literally opposite reality.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I think its not counting prime time since normal weeks we reach under 400 points at the end and now we have triple that number ?  points system is now based on how active someone is in the matchup so if someone plays all night and capture stuff they earn more points right ?

• Confused 1

The amount of victory points you earn in a 24 hour period increased dramatically, so that's why it's previously been under 400, and is now over 1000. The new points system is based on how active a region is on average. I made a video about the changes that you can watch here, if you are unsure how they work: 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Anykeys.3790 said:

I think its not counting prime time since normal weeks we reach under 400 points at the end and now we have triple that number ?  points system is now based on how active someone is in the matchup so if someone plays all night and capture stuff they earn more points right ?

Yeah no that's completely incorrect. 

The point system is just based on the time and what multiplier it has at that time. I has nothing to do with the activity of the population at that time, only what Anet says it normally is. The points themselves has increased from 66% difference highest to lowest to 200% difference (ie 3x). 

4 hours ago, Anykeys.3790 said:

or are people just reping their "Alliance" guilds now.

I think this part of it. It would be an interesting data point to pull how the changes have impacted invisible tags during prime times. It does seem to be increasing. Will be interesting to see how this changes over time as well.  

• Like 1