There is no counter to boonball meta due to the nerf to boon removal skills.

10 minutes ago, Joonmo.7523 said:

Is this a single target or a multi-target boon removal skill??

If it's a single target, it's hard to call it a boon ball counter.

Multiple.

5 foes, 2 boons each per stealth axe hit. 10 boons max per, harrowing Storm to resend it. Basilisk venom stacks 2 times so adding more deadeye friends hurts way more. Sweet spot is 6 deadeyes with more being overkill. Can snowball thanks to payback trait.

Further more if you can manage to cloak and dagger + stealth axe 3x THEN send em under Basilisk venom it's a huge kitten chunk of boons.

3 malicious salvos x 5 enemies = 30 boons, harrowing storm for another 30. Chip away or huge burst. Best as a sidecar squad of deadeyes in same setup, gear included.

Ally zerg/group gets ready to attack, THATS when you boon spike em.[EcK] been doing it with Dadonk [Bags/FARM], CHZ, CC and DETH. Also with Dark Maguuma and Penguinz

Edited by Lithril Ashwalker.6230
  • Like 2

It may be vulnerable to projectile reflection or bubbles, but it is a great method if you aim for an opening and attack.

I think that if Arenanet finds out about the existence of this skill, it will be subject to a nerf in the near future.

Edited by Joonmo.7523

10 minutes ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

Multiple.

5 foes, 2 boons each per stealth axe hit. 10 boons max per, harrowing Storm to resend it. Basilisk venom stacks 2 times so adding more deadeye friends hurts way more. Sweet spot is 6 deadeyes with more being overkill. Can snowball thanks to payback trait.

Further more if you can manage to cloak and dagger + stealth axe 3x THEN send em under Basilisk venom it's a huge kitten chunk of boons.

3 malicious salvos x 5 enemies = 30 boons, harrowing storm for another 30. Chip away or huge burst. Best as a sidecar squad of deadeyes in same setup, gear included.

Ally zerg/group gets ready to attack, THATS when you boon spike em.[EcK] been doing it with Dadonk [Bags/FARM], CHZ, CC and DETH. Also with Dark Maguuma and Penguinz

It may be vulnerable to projectile reflection or bubbles, but it is a great method if you aim for an opening and attack.

I think that if Arenanet finds out about the existence of this skill, it will be subject to a nerf in the near future.

10 minutes ago, Joonmo.7523 said:

Basilisk venom stack each other then.

If anything you cut the damage down by stealing other boons

17 minutes ago, Joonmo.7523 said:

It won't,  had to,  on request, personally email a game dev to forward to balance team. Checks out. I talk to devs and such sometimes and one was concerned as he lives buildcraft. If anything it'll have to be massively organized to pull off effectively before prominence over dominance. It's why I posted the builds. Thief needs to shine and this boon ball meta is where it's going to happen. If and how the build gets addressed still gets thief in the spotlight for needed attention, no matter how negative...and I want thief adjustments for the better

Disclaimer: I just talk with them, not balance team devs, web design n such that wvw often. They are normal players mostly

4 hours ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

너프? 핵폭탄. Extirpate 효과는 밸런스 미리보기에서 게임에서 제거된 것으로 확인되었습니다. 대신 창은 약점을 가합니다.

•  October 8 Balance Update Preview

By Joie.6084
    Saturday at 04:34 AM in Professions

Necromancer
  • Extirpate: This skill no longer inflicts Extirpation and instead inflicts weakness.

AOE boon removal skills are getting nerfed way too quickly.