Is the upcoming Legendary Backpack another back piece (shrug) or a shared character storage bag (woohoo)?

Forums have been pretty meh on the subject of the upcoming Legendary Backpack in JW - mainly because there's an assumption it's yet another leggie back piece (of which there are already several ingame.)

But what if it's a large capacity storage bag to go in our character bag slots (or even to replace our Starter Backpack)? That would absolutely be a huge thing. 

Has there been some clarity on this at all? Woolly ingame language - which describes both our principal character bag and several back pieces (including crafted items) - isn't helping. 

• Confused 8

I suspect it will be a leggie backpiece. In SoTO we got OW legendary armor of which there were also several in game, so that argument doesn't fly. And the backpacks that are currently available are also from raids, pvp and wvw. So yeah, it's much more likely that it will be an OW backpiece or at least via convergences.

Your alternate explantion sounds more like wishful thinking since Anet are not likely to make legendary items out of inventory items, since they sell expansions of inventory in the gemstore.

Edit: There's no raid backpiece but a fractal one. Point still stands though.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I suspect it will be a leggie backpiece. In SoTO we got OW legendary armor of which there were also several in game, so that argument doesn't fly. And the backpacks that are currently available are also from raids, pvp and wvw. So yeah, it's much more likely that it will be an OW backpiece or at least via convergences.

Your alternate explantion sounds more like wishful thinking since Anet are not likely to make legendary items out of inventory items, since they sell expansions of inventory in the gemstore.

When did they add a raid legendary backpack?

I mean there is a fractal one.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

When did they add a raid legendary backpack?

I mean there is a fractal one.

Ah yeah, I mixed those up. Thanks for correcting me.

Point remains that there were already legendary armor sets in game before the Obsidian set came out. And there are already leggy backpieces in the game but that equally wouldn't stop Anet from bringing out another one.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
Reworded due to confusion
  • Confused 2

If it was going to be a new type of legendary item, one we've never had a legendary version of before, Anet would have said so. They'd also have explained what that actually means instead of leaving it open for random speculation from players. The fact that they just said 'legendary backpack' with no elaboration means it'll be the same as the legendary back items we've seen before.

• Like 3