Eldritch Horror Gathering Tools Will Include Glyph Selection Containers

It will be interesting to see how they are going to fix that. Given that with Twitch drops they tried to give the missing ones only to people that did not get them (worked for me correctly) but some got duplicates ...

they might have a hard time. Support does not seem to want the work to manually to checks on ticket-base requests. Automated process ... could (hopefully for me lol) end with everyone just getting the option to trade once again. (Meaning people that exhanged alreay + people that bought after the change and already got the glyphs ... get to exchange again.)

In the bug section there seems a thread where people first where redirected to the forums (from support) where later support answers seem to indicate the devs are away and working on a fix.

For some it seems to have been a case with not accepting them from the mail before changes got made. (Which likely did not unlock their skin and they might have checked on skin-unlock state to give the 1 charge for the vendor to trade to exchange.)

Without a vendor limit people could (since the items are both the same you just get one glyphe selection box in addition) endlessly generate glyphs. And they probably did not have an easy way to gather the date the key was applied/bought.

See also this thread:

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

Thanks @Linken.6345 and @TheQuickFox.3826, I opened a Ticket and received the three tools, but now I have the same problem as others in this thread as well as another thread linked in here - I cannot exchange them in order to get a glyph selection box.  Since I had destroyed these before the announcement on August 2nd, I had not received any glyphs selection boxes yet.  Hopefully they will come out with a fix soon.  In the meantime, I am putting these safely in my bank.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

It will be interesting to see how they are going to fix that. Given that with Twitch drops they tried to give the missing ones only to people that did not get them (worked for me correctly) but some got duplicates ...

they might have a hard time. Support does not seem to want the work to manually to checks on ticket-base requests. Automated process ... could (hopefully for me lol) end with everyone just getting the option to trade once again. (Meaning people that exhanged alreay + people that bought after the change and already got the glyphs ... get to exchange again.)

In the bug section there seems a thread where people first where redirected to the forums (from support) where later support answers seem to indicate the devs are away and working on a fix.

For some it seems to have been a case with not accepting them from the mail before changes got made. (Which likely did not unlock their skin and they might have checked on skin-unlock state to give the 1 charge for the vendor to trade to exchange.)

Without a vendor limit people could (since the items are both the same you just get one glyphe selection box in addition) endlessly generate glyphs. And they probably did not have an easy way to gather the date the key was applied/bought.

See also this thread:

this is fairy easy, given that eldricht tool are only for preorders of JW, you KNOW who exactly have them, or rather who SHOULD have them, so this is not a problem like twitch, where you did not know, who watched and who dont

btw i think i find out where this bug is, i have tools from day0 from preorder, BUT i open mail and put them to inventory AFTER august 20, so i gues, that system registering purchase after 20th IGNORE my tools in inventory, and act like its does not exist, so i cant register them with exchange npc

i got message from support that they know this issue, so i guess we are not only ones with it, maybe next patch fix it

They are for people with the deluxe version - still obtainable. This thing with the mail has been reported a lot of times now. Must be the issue. Not sure why that many people do not gather their stuff from the mail immediately. 😄

They could use other info that indicates pre-order status (like the pre-order title) to determine who should have gotten the vendor "charges" to allow for 1 purchase. Seems really they did a check on skin unlock before the changes got made. (And for people not having collected them from the mail the skin would not have unlocked before. To the automated process it seemed like they only bought it after the changes.)

They could let run an automated process checking for the pre-order title. Then gathering all people and trying to remove (if this is easily to gather automated) the ones that already had the option to exchange (or still have it there it would be easys since there the purchase limit should be at 1 still and not having purchased to move it down to 0).

On 8/27/2024 at 4:49 PM, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

I haven't seen any sign that they intend to retroactively give them to anyone who previously bought gathering tools sans glyphs over the last decade. That would be a huge call and seems extremely unlikely.

Other than a dev post in this thread.

Edited by Eloc Freidon.5692

• 2 weeks later...

btw if anyone still interested, i get 3 boxes with glyph from support by mail (after TWO WEEKS need to say) so i am happy, but after that, i finish janthir first map and i dont get gift from full completation map (but i have gift from second map), so i can say, that janthir is far from bugless