Janthir Wilds is a huge disappointment for me, there are things that I would like the developers to change in the game

I remembered something. Anet already sells various quasi-simplifications for playing in the gems shop, such as boosters or buying mastery points. Just make the simple mode available for story content as purchasable in the gems shop, either as such a mode or as a purchasable companion. Whoever wants it, can pay and have it, whoever doesn't need it, doesn't. I would buy it right away.

• Confused 8

46 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Yes, first of all, I want a companion because the game is too difficult for me and they could help me (they could be optional as an easy mode, for example) Secondly, I like companions, just like in Swtor I like it when my companion accompanies me on adventures, comments, I can talk to him/her and have various interactions and adventures. Additionally, I can romance my companion.

Not going to happen they tried to do it when developing gw2 since gw1 had npc you could group with.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Companion

Edit

Found a old at release video from woodenpotatoes talking about it

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

The game is not objectively easy. It may be subjectively easy for you and subjectively difficult for me. It's that simple.

So let's say we create a game that requires that one flip a piece of paper over. That's it. If you can successfully turn over the piece of paper you won. 

Is that game not easy because there is theoretically someone out there that cannot do it?

Are the games you gave as examples of easy games you gave in your OP not actually easy because someone in a coma couldn't play them successfully?

And you have given a very strong impression that you haven't really tried to play GW2 using the tools at your disposal. Making a purposeful effort to fail is not a reflection of the game's difficulty.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

However, you must then agree that the game is not objectively easy because this is an objectively false statement.

"Hard" and "easy" are never objective but should always be seen in context. The game would obviously be too difficult for my 4-year-old son (if I were to let him play on the computer).  

Yes, there are (or were) easy and harder versions in story instances. But in my experience, many of the problems with difficulty are caused by players wanting to play solo content that is actually meant for groups, or playing bad builds (and thus just making it harder for themselves).

The game may be difficult for some beginners. But with a little practice and experience and more understanding, it quickly becomes much easier. But if you don't want to learn and instead demand that the game be changed, you're probably not going to have much chance of success.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Once again, I propose: Just make the simple mode available for story content as purchasable in the gems shop, either as such a mode or as a purchasable companion. This way everyone will be happy, players who need it will get it, those who don't need it won't buy it. Anet will also be happy because they will earn a lot with relatively little work.

Edited by Darves.6798
  • Confused 8

2 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Once again, I propose: Just make the simple mode available for story content as purchasable in the gems shop, either as such a mode or as a purchasable companion. This way everyone will be happy, players who need it will get it, those who don't need it won't buy it. Anet will also be happy because they will earn a lot with relatively little work.

Since they tried to put companion in the game at release and deemed it not worth the trouble, it is apparently not relatively little work and not worth it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Since they tried to put companion in the game at release and deemed it not worth the trouble, it is apparently not relatively little work and not worth it.

In my humble opinion, it is worth a lot. I and many players would gladly pay the price of a new expansion for a easy mode for the game's story content, LW's and expansions, or a companion that would be the equivalent of this easy mode

• Confused 8

7 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

In my humble opinion, it is worth a lot. I and many players would gladly pay the price of a new expansion for a easy mode for the game's story content, LW's and expansions, or a companion that would be the equivalent of this easy mode

Sad to say the developers did not agree with you back in 2011 when the game was made and after 12 years of addons it have more then likely got harder rather then easier to implement.

And your 25 bucks and the imaginary money of the masses out there you belive would buy it too wont cover said cost.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

And your 25 bucks and the imaginary money of the masses out there you belive would buy it too wont cover said cost.

During this discussion, I suggested various ways to introduce an easy mode for all story content. And you only refer to the companion. What's more, e.g. Swtor has companions and a tab where you can choose the difficulty level: story (easy), veteran, or hard. Additionally, you can make the game even more difficult by dismissing your companion. And finally, practically every single player game has at least three levels of difficulty: easy, normal and hard. And games that don't have this are supported by Nexus modders who create an easy-to-play mode. Apparently there is a need for an easy or very easy mode in games.

• Confused 8

9 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

During this discussion, I suggested various ways to introduce an easy mode for all story content. And you only refer to the companion. What's more, e.g. Swtor has companions and a tab where you can choose the difficulty level: story (easy), veteran, or hard. Additionally, you can make the game even more difficult by dismissing your companion. And finally, practically every single player game has at least three levels of difficulty: easy, normal and hard. And games that don't have this are supported by Nexus modders who create an easy-to-play mode. Apparently there is a need for an easy or very easy mode in games.

This is not a single player game.

Clearly swtor was made with companion in mind gw2 was not.

Swtor also have tab target and stand still do your skills combat.

Something you can do in gw2 aswell but with worse result since it was made to move out of stuff and dont need to tab o hit enemies just press skills while enemies are in range and infront of your weapons.

If you really need it even easier then it already is ask around for a story buddy or 4 to join you on your adventure and have some game nights together then?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Another suggestion. Super cheap and requires virtually zero effort from developers. Developers can create at least one server for Europe and America, which will be super easy. You then only need to change the damage, health and similar properties with little effort. Anet may ask for money for transfer to such a server, I will gladly pay.

Edited by Darves.6798
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

19 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Another suggestion. Super cheap and requires virtually zero effort from developers. Developers can create at least one server for Europe and America, which will be super easy. You then only need to change the damage, health and similar properties with little effort. Anet may ask for money for transfer to such a server, I will gladly pay.

Yes they will get right on that after OC get their server mate.

They have only waited 12 years so any day now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

Yes they will get right on that after OC get their server mate.

They have only waited 12 years so any day now.

It's very sad that because you don't need something so you want to do everything just so that someone who wants it can't get it.

• Confused 8

7 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

It's very sad that because you don't need something so you want to do everything just so that someone who wants it can't get it.

Yes and do you know why?

Resources in my opinion will be wasted on your request.

Those resources can be better spent in making more content for everyone you included.

That you could then learn to play or ask for help to do.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes and do you know why?

Resources in my opinion will be wasted on your request.

Those resources can be better spent in making more content for everyone you included.

That you could then learn to play or ask for help to do.

I propose various solutions to make the game easier in the story area, including those that will not change anything in the difficulty level you like. Your suggestions are: No, because no, or learn to play. I'm sorry, but I have the right to ask for funds to be used for purposes that will improve the game for me, just as you have the right to ask for them to be used elsewhere.

• Confused 8

4 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

I propose various solutions to make the game easier in the story area, including those that will not change anything in the difficulty level you like. Your suggestions are: No, because no, or learn to play. I'm sorry, but I have the right to ask for funds to be used for purposes that will improve the game for me, just as you have the right to ask for them to be used elsewhere.

You know what happened when they released season 1 again into the game.

No other content got released into gw2 during that year.

And that was content that we needed to get back to have a continued story.

If they remake season 1,2,3,4, icebrood saga, heart of thorns, path of fire, end of dragons and soto so you can be able to play it we wont get any content for the next 9 years.

I am not sure gw2 would survive that level of content draught.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

For me, it is a waste of resources to produce content in the form of strikes or raids, or to spend them on pvp, but unlike you, I don't go there and complain about the resources being directed there. Apparently someone wants to play it. So maybe a little understanding that different people have different needs. What to you is a waste of resources, I need and vice versa.

• Confused 8

Just now, Darves.6798 said:

For me, it is a waste of resources to produce content in the form of strikes or raids, or to spend them on pvp, but unlike you, I don't go there and complain about the resources being directed there. Apparently someone wants to play it. So maybe a little understanding that different people have different needs. What to you is a waste of resources, I need and vice versa.

Yes raids got its first content in the next mini expansion last release was 5 years ago.

And its reused as few resources as possible was wasted on it same with strikes last 2 expansions.

Spvp will get a new mode for the second time in 12 years totaly on the same scale as your request.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

If they remake season 1,2,3,4, icebrood saga, heart of thorns, path of fire, end of dragons and soto so you can be able to play it we wont get any content for the next 9 years.

Please don't overdo it, I don't want any remakes, I want an easy level of difficulty for all story content in one of the ways I suggested

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

You're offering a devil's bargin. Purchasable easy mode is the definition of pay to win and a total noob trap, which would completely destroy the player bases goodwill towards the gem store. They are already skirting the lone of what their target audience thinks is acceptable. And I really don't think there are enough people struggeling so badly they would pay, to make that worth it for Arena Net. 

Seriously, one evening and a willingness to learn is all it takes to unlock easy mode. Give it a shot. It's still valid, that you feel the game is too difficult and it's totally understandable that you wish for the game to be easier. We have been telling you how to get to easy mode. You can try that, or wait for the developers to change their mind on what kind of game they want GW2 to be. 

But I think you're struggle with the difficulty is indicative of a different, but tangential issue. If you want people to agree with you, shift your focus a little bit: the game does a very poor job of teaching players how to play. Now, I personally like that it leaves you to figure stuff out on your own and at your own pace, but not every one is an autodidact. Most people will need more guidance, which the game doesn't give you. It expects you to go to the wiki and to YouTube and to seek advice from other players. A casually player should not be expected to go to third party content to learn how to play the game. The game is not difficult to play, but it is difficult to learn. And the majority of the community will probably agree that the devs need to make some changes in this regard. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

48 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

No one here has done anything to prevent you, or anyone else, from getting what they want.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Please don't overdo it, I don't want any remakes, I want an easy level of difficulty for all story content in one of the ways I suggested

Btw OP you trying to do squad content in tower of nightmare solo and complanining that gw2 story content is to hard is mixing up two things.

You could as another poster said done the first event in the tower over and over or paid prestine spore samples to the npc to progress past that part to get to the next story fight.

Was it complain about when it released, sure was and people told them it would become a problem later.

• Like 4