Janthir Wilds is a huge disappointment for me, there are things that I would like the developers to change in the game

1 minute ago, Darves.6798 said:

No, the crux is that I want the game to be easier, i.e. in real life casual friendly, not just in the ads. I want the progression of the plot to be truly, as you put it, trivial.

I'm sorry, but this is the biggest untruth and nonsense I've heard today. I will mention once again that in Swtor, Eso or FFXIV I have no problems with completing the main storyline, because in these games it was designed in such a way that everyone, I emphasize everyone, could complete them. Completing the entire Gw2 storyline on your own, including both the expansions and the Lw's, is difficult.

Ff is much harder, you get slapped into a different character for fights with no idea what the buttons do, you have to sneak past things with no prior teaching of sneaking and most of all your need to stay awake through all those feature length cutscenes!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

No, the crux is that I want the game to be easier, i.e. in real life casual friendly, not just in the ads. I want the progression of the plot to be truly, as you put it, trivial.

I'm sorry, but this is the biggest untruth and nonsense I've heard today. I will mention once again that in Swtor, Eso or FFXIV I have no problems with completing the main storyline, because in these games it was designed in such a way that everyone, I emphasize everyone, could complete them. Completing the entire Gw2 storyline on your own, including both the expansions and the Lw's, is difficult.

Not at all. I found ESO and the early part of FF14 harder than GW2. The only game I found easier was Lotro

• Like 2

if you really want gw2 to be like swtor, where your companion can carry you through almost everything, i dont think gw is the best choice to spend your time, money and nerves.

i mean it looks like you are not willing to adapt at all, instead you want gw2 to change to your liking, as if that will ever happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

14 minutes ago, Inssengrimm.7924 said:

You don't understand there is no problem. Your inconvinience is not a design or balance problem.

Your entire response is tainted with contempt and unacceptable. I have as much right to want the game to be easier as you do to be happy with its current level

16 minutes ago, Inssengrimm.7924 said:

Also, not every game is supposed to be beated by everyone and thats completely fine, maybe you are just one of those players and is time you find a game that is actually at your level of skill and thus enjoyment and move on. 

No, there may be parts of the game like difficult raids or difficult fractals that are not possible for everyone, I can ultimately agree with that. However, the main plot of the game and its expansions should be easy enough for anyone to complete it without any problems.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 12

9 minutes ago, Obscura.9768 said:

if you really want gw2 to be like swtor, where your companion can carry you through almost everything, i dont think gw is the best choice to spend your time, money and nerves.

i mean it looks like you are not willing to adapt at all, instead you want gw2 to change to your liking, as if that will ever happen.

No, I just want the game to be easier, I argued why I want it that way. I proposed various solutions. However, the only thing I encounter here are answers like: the game is easy, it's fine the way it is, if you don't like it, don't play. This is just the friendly community I've heard so much about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

No, I just want the game to be easier, I argued why I want it that way. I proposed various solutions. However, the only thing I encounter here are answers like: the game is easy, it's fine the way it is, if you don't like it, don't play. This is just the friendly community I've heard so much about.

No, you've had people trying to help you learn to play the game, there's no way the Devs are going to put resources into something to appease a handful of players that refuse to learn to play. If you want to experience this great game then you need to learn to play it.

Pretty much every comment has been trying to help and you've spat it back at them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

12 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

I have as much right to want the game to be easier as you do to be happy with its current level

No you don't.
Your needs and wants have no weight on any matter here, nor mine, or anyones. And that is perfectly fine as it's how it should be.

You have one right though, you can decide to learn, improve, and enjoy the game, or leave and look for another title that suits you better, thats the short and long of it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Inssengrimm.7924 said:

No you don't.

Yes, I can and I will write about what I don't like, about my comments and thoughts. The developers may or may not agree to my requests. Neither you nor anyone else will deny me the vote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

Maybe it's time to update your build and gear, OP.  The game is quite easy as a solo player, and I'm also middle of the road.  I've solo'd all the personal story on two characters , explored all the world on both.  When you get to HoT there is a skill level jump, and each expansion  you may wish to tweak a build accordingly.

There are low intensity builds, open world builds, etc.   Or perhaps this isn't the game for you, which I don't like saying.    I suggest meta battle, hard struck, and there are many YouTubers who are very helpful.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

there's no way the Devs are going to put resources into something to appease a handful of players that refuse to learn to play. If you want to experience this great game then you need to learn to play it.

It's funny because the casual players I meet in the game complain about the difficulty level, only the elitists, players who have been playing this game for 10 years, cannot understand that there are people for whom this game is too difficult and they would like changes, but they are not willing to forum and do not attack anyone who thinks differently than some here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 11

If I can make one suggestion: Try Guild Wars 1, because what you're asking for sounds a lot like what Guild Wars 1 could offer you (except for romancing a character.)
I'm not sure if you ever played it but in Guild Wars 1 you can select your own npc's to follow you (the amount of NPCs depends on your level and the area you're heading into.) You even unlock heroes as you level up, which you can use instead of the NPCs. The game is a little bit outdated, but lore wise its still amazing and best of all, it's easy to do solo. The only thing that I personally miss in GW1 is jumping.

Other than that, GW2 is an MMOrpg, which means you have no other choice than to do some content with others. I can understand that some story chapters are for some more difficult than they are for others. I myself play this game like a chicken without a head, most of the time not even knowing what I'm doing. For some reason I keep clicking on the 6 to 0 skills with my mouse even though I also gave them an easier keybind. And sometimes I die a lot, sometimes less. But the suggestions others have made do help a lot, make sure you use the right build, the right gear and stats, or at least, try to figure out what works best for you. (which is what I personally (read stubbornly) do.)

Another positive thing about GW2 is the community, there is always someone willing to help. I know this is something you rather not do but, it does make the 'job' easier sometimes. Also, I would suggest to get used to it because as the story progresses, you'll find that GW2 moved to more content that has to be done with others to progress the story. This includes meta events in world maps.

edit:
I forgot to mention, I currently started playing on a second account, doing all content once again. Yes if you don't have the newest elite skills there can be a bit of a struggle. But I've noticed when I tried to do it on a different class, it was easier. Have you tried different classes for the things you're struggling with? 

Edited by Mystflower.7319
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Maybe it's time to update your build and gear, OP.  The game is quite easy as a solo player, and I'm also middle of the road.  I've solo'd all the personal story on two characters , explored all the world on both.  When you get to HoT there is a skill level jump, and each expansion  you may wish to tweak a build accordingly.

There are low intensity builds, open world builds, etc.   Or perhaps this isn't the game for you, which I don't like saying.    I suggest meta battle, hard struck, and there are many YouTubers who are very helpful.  

It's funny, I proposed many different changes, but the elitists want none, they latched on to my complaints about the difficulty level and stuck to it. I understand your point of view, but try to understand mine, I proposed changes and it is up to the developers whether they will implement my proposals. I know the various sites you suggest, but in my opinion and not only mine, the game is too difficult, so I am asking the developers to make it easier in some way. Is it such a problem that someone wants something other than some elitist part of communuity?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10

4 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

It's funny, I proposed many different changes, but the elitists want none, they latched on to my complaints about the difficulty level and stuck to it. I understand your point of view, but try to understand mine, I proposed changes and it is up to the developers whether they will implement my proposals. I know the various sites you suggest, but in my opinion and not only mine, the game is too difficult, so I am asking the developers to make it easier in some way. Is it such a problem that someone wants something other than some elitist part of communuity?

I don't perceive elitism, I think it's players wanting for you to have a better experience and find enjoyment while waiting for the changes you wish to see.   At this point you're only wanting confirmation of your opinion not discussion.  I hope you find your joy, cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Sure let's just leave this for the Devs to read and decide if they think itll generate enough money to justify their development time and in the mean while you can try and struggle through the content or just quit. Because even if they do decide it'll take a long time to go through all the content and change it.

OR

You can get off your high horse and ask for and listen to advice. Even is so called expert elites (I so really am not) were rubbish at this game at the start. But we asked, we listened, we read guides and we practiced.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

No, we're giving our reasons for disagreeing which is what this forum is designed for. Calling everyone who disagrees "elitists" helps nothing, esp given many of us are those casual players you refer to at different points. We just don't believe the game is in any way hard and we give our reasons why and how to help improve. Ultimately you are welcome to say it's too hard and we are equally welcome to disagree and ask for the opposite, especially given the continuous feedback about the low difficulty which often appears. Debate, constructive back and forth is the hallmark of the forums

You also have to remember that whilst you have suggested changes, we have have given reasons why those changes may not work for this game. Adding in an easy mode is something Anet have previously rejected since they clearly can see the vast majority of people get through the game. They've even rejected it for instanced content in the past. and it's also something that if they were to suddenly change tack on, would take a very long time to add in in all likelihood.

So given that, rather than you wait months or years, players have suggested ways to help get through the content and not be stuck on something that's making you miserable. Which I think is very fair of everyone

Anyway, good luck with your feedback

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, Darves.6798 said:

If the story part of the expansion, which allows your character to be stronger thanks to Hero points and makes the game easier, is not intended for solo players, then the expansion is poorly designed, period.

As someone who also came from Swtor, you should understand my statements perfectly. I don't know any rotation there, I don't use keybinding, I select all abilities with the mouse, and yet I was able to complete the entire main story, what's more, all the operations, even some on the veteran level. So this clearly shows how terribly difficult a game GW2 is.

You know the core story can be beaten by useing just a ranger pet, so yea ideally you want your story to be harder then that.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You know the core story can be beaten by useing just a ranger pet, so yea ideally you want your story to be harder then that.

I'm not talking about the core story, but the entire story of all LWs and expansions. Core story wasn't that difficult yet, the difficulties started later in LW1 and LW2, and I heard, and some people here repeated it, that HoT and beyond are getting more and more difficult.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

5 hours ago, Darves.6798 said:

First of all, please make the game easier for the solo player.

No thanks, the game is already easy enough. 

Secondly, make all dungeons, fractals raids, strike missions available to the solo player.

No thanks, these are all group content. 

Thirdly, please add companions

No thanks, that’s not necessary. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

No arguments, just statements.

No thanks, I don't agree with you

You are seriously complaining that story content in this game is too difficult. You must be trolling 

But if not, maybe learn to play the game, get decent gear and a decent build before coming to the forums to complain. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 4

The Devs, long ago, cut back on NPCs in story content helping the player.  Unlikely, with power creep, they will reverse their decision. Hopefully, with more than the one year (at least) of interacting with the game, you will begin to improve rather than (wishing) the game change.

Best of luck.  :classic_happy:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

You are seriously complaining that story content in this game is too difficult. You must be trolling 

Yes, I'm seriously complaining that the entire story content is difficult, I mean the entire content, all the LW's and expansions, not the core game itself, and you're being rude by accusing me of trolling

7 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

But if not, maybe learn to play the game, get decent gear and a decent build before coming to the forums to complain. 

Thanks for the advice. It's advice like if you're poor, be rich. That's not the point of the problem, the point is that I want the game to be easier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

Just now, Darves.6798 said:

I want the game to be easier.

We don’t always get what we want  

If you really struggle with story missions why not ask your friends or guild mates to help you? After all, this is an MMO, maybe stop treating it like a single player game. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

We don’t always get what we want  

Sometimes, however, we get what we ask for, but certainly not when we don't ask for it, that's why I'm asking developers. Do you have a problem with that?

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

After all, this is an MMO, maybe stop treating it like a single player game. 

After all, I can treat this game however I want and I'm not the only one, watch the material Josh Strife Hayes: Why do people play MMO's solo?

4 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

The problem here is definitely you, not the difficulty of story missions. 

No, the problem is you and others who can't stand different opinions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8