Janthir Wilds is a huge disappointment for me, there are things that I would like the developers to change in the game

Is the story to hard? Depends on what the metric for to hard is. If story missions have a high enough completion rate, I'm pretty sure the developers will be fine with keeping them at the difficulty they are at. That seems to be the case at the moment.

Are story mission to hard when viewed from what is easily possible to achieve with low intensity builds (not even talking about maximized builds here), hardly given there are builds which can breeze through the story without any issue or almost any involvement.

Are story missions to hard if going in with completely dysfunctional and terrible builds? That can happen. There are tons of ways to screw up builds, some of which might include but not limited to:

- not understanding how gear works in this game . To this day some players are challenged by the gear quality system or how to select proper stats for specific builds

- not understanding that weapons are usually tied to either power, condi or support builds and using incorrect stats will drastically reduce performance

- not understanding traits and just selecting traits willy nilly without any syngery

Luckily the developers have buffed celestial gear to be the be-all, end-all jack of all trades set just for these occasions. Just about any open world, story or even instanced content can be completed with celestial gear (with more difficult instanced content usually having community expectations on more specialized stats, but make no mistake, almost all content can be completed easily with full celestial).

The question thus amounts to: How likely is it that the developers are going to choose to simplify story missions even more than they already are and how much can they expect players to have to invest minimally to actually understand the game?

The answer to that none of us will know, but I doubt we will see story content be made even more irrelevant, given it's already insignificantly easy to anyone who spends a few minutes to research builds.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Guild wars 2 is advertised everywhere as an easy game for casual players, I'm a casual player and I have no problems with completing the entire plot in Swtor, Eso (I didn't finish it because I got bored of it, but I got far), or FFXIV (just like in Eso) and no no that's why I didn't finish it because it was too easy, just too boring. Since Gw2 is advertised as a game for casual players, it should have a casual difficulty level, at least in terms of completing the entire game plot and expansions. A casual is a person who just plays, doesn't analyze builds, doesn't read guides and certainly doesn't practice to become better, this is what dedicated and hardcore players do. That's why I expect that, as widely advertised, Gw2 will introduce a casual easy difficulty level.

Casual yes, but I don't remeber that it was ever officially advertised as extremely easy? The usual definition (afaik there is no general one) of "causal" i know also is about the lower time commitment to a game and doesn't mean that casual players are unskilled or lazy.

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Your opinion is also not the only right one, and the fact that the majority (I would argue here, because most of them are the same people, moreover from the forum, and casual players tend not to participate on the forum) thinks something does not mean that they are right, Once upon a time, most people believed that the earth was flat. The majority does not have to be right.

So Mate how do you play the game do you run up to the mob stand toe to toe 1 on auto attack, mouse click skill 2 all the way up to 10 until either you or the mob is dead?

Or is it use range weapon 1 on auto attack mouse click 2 to 10 until either of you are dead?

If that is what you do I can understand you find it hard that is not how to play a action game like gw2.

It dont work the same as swtor or ffiv.

Here is a good short 7min video you can check out for some tips.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Sharrakor.3470 said:

Have you had an equivalent level of difficulty or frustration with all of the encounters or have specific ones such as those you mentioned stuck out as outliers in difficulty?

The core game's plot was difficult but acceptably difficult, I died often but it was bearable. LW1 was already significantly more difficult, each instance was a pain, LW2 was already terribly unacceptably difficult, so difficult that I abandoned continuing the story...

• Confused 5

53 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

, Once upon a time, most people believed that the earth was flat.

That is fiction, as is the claim that the game is not casual easy friendly.

My Ranger's pet has completed story content when I had to rush away from the computer to help my disabled wife. I've gotten gold participation in events by passing near them. I've, in response to past commentary wondering just how easy the game was, played through story without armor. I've even done content with no weapons, relying solely on utility and F skills, while wearing no armor. When you can beat the content afk or naked and unarmed it just isn't that difficult.

And to be clear I am not some young hotshot with reflexes to match.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Let me give you some examples, LW1, two bosses in the rat dungeon, I died there millions of times. Tower of nightmares also LW1 I died there trillion times. These are just two quick examples.

I dont remember the rat bosses.

Just so you know tower of nightmare is not a solo place its made for squads of people.

Something Anet should have thought about when implementing it again.

Here is one very good player soloing it but he is not the norm.

Edit

Just so you know for later Battle for lions arch is not a solo experience either its for squads of up to 50 so learn when people are doing it and join in.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

- not understanding how gear works in this game . To this day some players are challenged by the gear quality system or how to select proper stats for specific builds

- not understanding that weapons are usually tied to either power, condi or support builds and using incorrect stats will drastically reduce performance

- not understanding traits and just selecting traits willy nilly without any syngery

So you support my opinion that completing the plot is too difficult for an ordinary player who just wants to complete the entire plot of the game, LW's and expansions and not delve into these matters or learn the game for hours. Thank you

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

4 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

When you can beat the content afk or naked and unarmed it just isn't that difficult.

This is a false statement. There are people who play through Dark Souls naked and claim that the game is trivially easy, yet there is a belief that these games are difficult and frustrating. For most players, these games are difficult, which is why, for example, there are easy mods on Nexus

• Confused 7

4 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

So you support my opinion that completing the plot is too difficult for an ordinary player who just wants to complete the entire plot of the game, LW's and expansions and not delve into these matters or learn the game for hours. Thank you

No, I believe any player which spends a minimum of time, as little as a few minutes to look up a guide or build, will have no issue in clearing the story.

You seem to have the expectation that the entire story should be completeable with 0 understanding of the games fundamentals, an opinion you have a right to, but one which I doubt is shared by many.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Just so you know tower of nightmare is not a solo place its made for squads of people.

It is part of the single-player story, and to complete LW1 you must go there. It should be made easier enough for a solo player to cope with without any problems.

• Confused 7

I mean guys come on how many of you solo tower of nightmare all the way up?

I am not sure I could do that.

Edit

And OP most of gw2 story is easy as f if you just know the mechanics.

Then there is places like tower of nightmare and battle for lions arch you have to wade through to get to next story star.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

No, I believe any player which spends a minimum of time, as little as a few minutes to look up a guide or build, will have no issue in clearing the story.

You seem to have the expectation that the entire story should be completeable with 0 understanding of the games fundamentals, an opinion you have a right to, but one which I doubt is shared by many.

Once again you are unknowingly supporting my opinion. In games such as Swtor, Eso or FFXIV, I didn't have to practice, read any guides, check builds, weapon synergies or anything else, I could simply go through the game's plot without any major problems. In Gw2 no. This confirms that the game is too difficult and I would like to introduce an easy difficulty level (at least as an optional, voluntary option)

• Confused 7

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

I mean guys come on how many of you solo tower of nightmare all the way up?

I am not sure I could do that.

You don't need to solo the whole tower, you can just repeat the first events.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

I didn't have to practice, read any guides, check builds, weapon synergies or anything else

You don’t have to do that for the story missions in GW2 either 

19 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

LW2 was already terribly unacceptably difficult

lol I don’t even know what to say. The problem here clearly is you and not the game. 
Did you maybe consider that this might not be a game for you? 
If you aren’t even good enough to play the easiest part of the game, maybe move on and find a game that better suits you. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Once again you are unknowingly supporting my opinion. In games such as Swtor, Eso or FFXIV, I didn't have to practice, read any guides, check builds, weapon synergies or anything else, I could simply go through the game's plot without any major problems. In Gw2 no. This confirms that the game is too difficult and I would like to introduce an easy difficulty level (at least as an optional, voluntary option)

SWToR and FF14 are more simplistic build wise. They indeed do not "allow" a player to screw up so badly that their build is uterrly useless.

That doesn't mean this game needs to change though.

You are making this huge deal out of a minimal amount of game understanding needed.

That's why I also do not believe that this change you are asking for is going to get implemented. At some point even the developers ask themselves: how invested do we want our players to be?

I'd even go so far to say that some players enjoy improving at the game or overcoming challenges, even if they are as small as completing the story. 

For everyone else there is SWToR or other MMORPGs which hold your hand more as you mentioned.

Finally there is established expectations: this game is 14 years old and within those 14 years certain expectations have been established. Story should be quite easy, but not brain dead easy is one of them.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Sharrakor.3470 said:

How many of the games you listed did you complete or still play?

I play Swtor all the time, it's my main game. I play Eso every now and then and push the stories forward without any problems. I abandoned FFXIV because I didn't like the payment model, I mean the game was too expensive, subscription and paying for each expansion, I wasn't satisfied so I gave up, not because the game was difficult or anything

• Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

You don't need to solo the whole tower, you can just repeat the first events.

I dont remember that being told to the player so could easily miss that and try to get up the tower like people did when it was released dand rereleased.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

I dont remember that being told to the player so could easily miss that and try to get up the tower like people did when it was released dand rereleased.

Did not know there was multiple ways to approach it at all, is there a way to tell if I got to the top?

• Like 2

So you support my opinion that completing the plot is too difficult for an ordinary player who just wants to complete the entire plot of the game, LW's and expansions and not delve into these matters or learn the game

You mean your position that you should be able to complete the game without learning how to play it or engaging with it, or even playing it.

• Like 3

This is a false statement. There are people who play through Dark Souls naked and claim that the game is trivially easy, yet there is a belief that these games are difficult and frustrating. For most players, these games are difficult, which is why, for example, there are easy mods on Nexus

Do they play through Darksouls naked, without armor and not even in the room with the computer?

• Haha 2