[Resolved] In-game Browser (CEF) buggy?

On 8/14/2024 at 9:10 PM, Avanju.9561 said:

Yes, including the firewall and anti-virus suggestions. I've submitted a support ticket, but they are claiming that the problem is on my ISP's side...but it was working before and my ISP said they haven't changed anything.

I am having the exact same issue, Wizards Vault Objectives and Legacy Rewards are working fine but the Astral Rewards is a black blank page and has been for the last 3 days now. It can't be the ISP as my wife who is playing the game as well is using the exact same PC and obviously the same ISP has no issues at all. I have not submitted a ticket yet as i was hoping the reset tomorrow might fix it. I had to spend points already on some legacy stuff i didn't really want to stop my points from going over the 1300 cap and that kinda sux.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Okay, my issue is definitely connected to using both, @Healix.5819's GW2 Launcher and ArcDPS. I removed ArcDPS yesterday and have not had any CEF loading issues since.

Maybe the creators should look into this. 🤔

I am using the Gw2Launcher as well as ArcDPS, and not using them did not help.

I also seem to be affected by Healix Launcher in combination with my local network.
What always works: Starting GW2 with mobile data.
As long as I do not start with the H's GW2Launcher, I can continue using the WV reward page when playing in the local network.
But starting GW2 with the Launcher and in my local network breaks the rewards page again.

Edit: Now only the question why my partner is also affected... AFAIK she does not use a multi-launcher or so.

Edited by Tjaja.1945

1 hour ago, Tjaja.1945 said:

As long as I do not start with the H's GW2Launcher, I can continue using the WV reward page when playing in the local network.

It continues to work because it's cached. Gw2Launcher uses different cache folders for every account. If you delete the cache in Gw2Launcher (right click any account > Tools > Advanced > Delete cache folders), it should also work if you use mobile data.

As far as I can tell the problem can occur spontanously, even while ingame, as well as disappear suddenly. It may be related to an geographic area - other areas may work while an own doesn't, all found culprits within this thread could be eliminated for me without any effect.

• 2 Days ago at evening no extras except arcDPS -> WV Rewards were blank, meanwhile connected to my desktop at home (being in another area) via Steam & ArcDPS -> WV Rewards were loading
  • Yesterday early morning the situation stayed the same
  • Yesterday later the day, back at home. Started via Helix Launcher and having ArcDPS two accounts working fine the day, each started and quitted multiple times.
  • Yesterday late evening until now, first everything worked fine still, then i did a raid wing & within just ~30 mins WV Rewards are blank again. (Restarted router, game and computer, cache cleared (launcher, steam or regular installation), DNS Flushed, uninstalled every 3rd party, started via launcher, regular or steam, also on laptop, all doesn't matter, even installed GW2 on another laptop freshly that used another WiFi, no 3rd party software, just vanilla, still no change - though no mobile internet was tested as there is no signal at home that could provide useful internet).

PS: Changing the DNS to any google DNS, IPv4 or IPv6, via adapter or router setting sadly does not change anything for me. Tested on laptop and computer each time fully rebooted and game restarted and cleared cache and flushed dns.
Edited by Schattenfluegel.3857

I got a fix for my reward window not working: changing the DNS to google DNS. and then restarting your pc or flushing your dns
Edit: also make sure to delete your gw2cache in the temp folder 
Edit2: you might need to try that multiple times for it to work 

Edited by Raseus.2543

10 minutes ago, DerKleine.9368 said:

Changed to google DNS, did restart and flushdns, cleared gw2 cache, started the game -> no rewards tab

hopefully the dev team can figure out what is causing this

For some of my accounts it didn't work on the first try, so I had to flush dns, renew and clear the cache 2 - 3 times

Only 4 Hours left to Janthir Wilds and the Astral Acclaim Reset and it is still not working, a little bit dissapointing to me. Even if they fix it within the next 2-3 Hours left, there are so many Players which have not the oppurtinity to get their Stuff. Hope we see some compensation for it or a extended exchange period after the Update till it resets. 

• Confused 1

Got back to Plain GW2 installation, no Arc, no Launcher.

Cleard every Cache several times

Tried serverel DNS Settings

Tried 4 Different Networks (Cable, DSl, 2 Mobile)

Reward page keeps showing an empty page while all other chromium related content works. Quiet frustrating 😕

same for me, guess we wait for the update and hope they either fixed it with the update or can fix it shorty after

working in IT myself I know both sides, customer and developer
patience is key 😉

we got the confirmation that they are aware, best we can do is wait and provide more information if they ask for
or have more people report the issue here to eventually escalate the priority, if that is not already on a high level

Same problem. Tried every suggested fix, no luck. Today is the first time this happened for me.
The "Objectives" and  "Legacy Rewards" pages are fine, just the "Astral Rewards" page is blank. I hope that today's update fixes it.

Throwing my hat in the ring to say I'm dealing with this as well. The rewards and legacy tabs load, the claim tab does not. Tried the dns flush, etc. This is..... less than ideal for a launch day. 😕

Edit: when I pull the game up on my laptop, all tabs of the WV load fine. I know its likely not an option for most people, but if you've got an alternate device, try it on there.

Edited by Windfreeze.4701
new info

i just got it solved by setting dns to manual and putting it to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 it was on automatic before. friend told me to put it on those and that brought the reward tab back that disappeared after i restarted the game after the update was announced