Question about new Warclaw unlock.

27 minutes ago, nobleboivin.4102 said:

Those of us with Warclaws already, will we get a warclaw boost similar to the boost those that had Skyscale got?

Also will we get a free skin with the new warclaw?

they would have mentioned any extra features for previously unlocking the warclaw in the prior blog posts, as they did with the skyscale.

the only extra you'll get for unlocking the Warclaw with the Warclaw companion collection will be a War Machine Weapon Skin Selection chest and 250 WvW skirmish claim tickets as mentioned in a previous forum post by Rubi

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Sad 1

I don't have a use for the skirmish tickets or the weapon skin, but I've had the use of my warclaw for  years now so I don't have an issue with it becoming more available to those who don't play wvw. 

That said, thank you for the skin/tickets. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

they would have mentioned any extra features for previously unlocking the warclaw in the prior blog posts, as they did with the skyscale.

the only extra you'll get for unlocking the Warclaw with the Warclaw companion collection will be a War Machine Weapon Skin Selection chest and 250 WvW skirmish claim tickets as mentioned in a previous forum post by Rubi

Tyty ❤️ 

13 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I don't have a use for the skirmish tickets ...

10 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Skirmish tickets can also be used for ...

Three new armour sets seem to be connected to WvW. If those need Skirmish tickets, you will have a nice amount from the "old Warclaw refund", even when you are not a WvW player who might sit on a bigger stack. Should make going for those skins easier to start with (again, under the asumption you need Skirmish Tickets and not just a reward track)

6 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Three new armour sets seem to be connected to WvW. If those need Skirmish tickets, you will have a nice amount from the "old Warclaw refund", even when you are not a WvW player who might sit on a bigger stack. Should make going for those skins easier to start with (again, under the asumption you need Skirmish Tickets and not just a reward track)

I think that if the new skins require more than 80k tickets there will be a significant outcry from the player base.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I think that if the new skins require more than 80k tickets there will be a significant outcry from the player base.

That would be a crazy price, even for WvW Veterans. I am thinking more in line of Skirmish Supervisor - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) (exotic Triumphant)
That's about 1.5k for each set, which should be a reasonable "logn term goal" during the year when JAW will be the latest expansion.

Just now, Gorani.7205 said:

That would be a crazy price, even for WvW Veterans. I am thinking more in line of Skirmish Supervisor - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) (exotic Triumphant)
That's about 1.5k for each set, which should be a reasonable "logn term goal" during the year when JAW will be the latest expansion.

Right.

My point is that when I say that I don't really have a use for the Skirmish tickets it is not because there would be nothing to buy but rather that I have a sizeable surplus already.

• Confused 1

I found a preview video with the vendor
Prices for the armour are made up of a token x and twice the amount of token y. None of the tokens look like Skirmish Tickets. If you can identify what they are (should they already exist ... I think the second one is a Research Note (?)), let us know.

22 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Prices for the armour are made up of a token x and twice the amount of token y. None of the tokens look like Skirmish Tickets. If you can identify what they are (should they already exist ... I think the second one is a Research Note (?)), let us know.

That only applies to the Housing armor i think? But thanks! i furgot i need to stack up on research notes :3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorani.7205 said:

@Kinurak.5307 is correct, this is the Stained-glass Homestead armor set, not the Lowland Kodan "Woad" set acquired through WvW

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

@Kinurak.5307 is correct, this is the Stained-glass Homestead armor set, not the Lowland Kodan "Woad" set acquired through WvW

My fault. After a second look a the video from this thread (13 min in)

I noticed that one comes from the WV, one from the Homestead and one from WvW. This means no costs /means of aquisition of the Woad set via WvW known yet.

I don't know if anyone already noticed but I have a WvW warclaw and when I used it yesterday in PvE it not only had all PvE skills unlocked but it also was really fast. When simply running it is faster than a raptor but the raptor can do long jumps which the warclaw is not capable of.

• Like 1