Armor changes

Hello all.

Could someone explain to me why my armor changes to an armor type I have never see before?  Several times I will be underwater and when I surface, I will be wearing a mystery set.

Same pattern of armor I am wearing, but different.  For example, today I was wearing the baggy pants and the brawler shirt.  The baggy pants were changed to a different color, and there was a plate of armor on the lower back, the shirt color went from pure white to shades of blues.  While it was the Brawler Pattern, the shirt looked different.  The pattern had a different pattern if that makes sense. The pieces were well designed.  I actually would buy the set if it were in the Gem Shop.  I can waypoint and the mystery clothing will survive waypointing.  I look at my equipment panel, and my original armor is showing. Eventually, it reverts back to normal, but, what I am I doing to cause this?  Has it happened to others?

...Only Lisa.

• Confused 5

https://imgur.com/a/NCfhUU3

Sorry it took me so long.  My screenshot did not work.  The name of screenshot was there in the screenshot file...but no screenshot .  

Anyway, the transformation happened again just a bit ago during the Treasure hunt.  This time I did all sorts of things and this time it worked.

So here is my first attempt at linking a picure to the forums.  Fingers crossed.  If it works, I have one more.

It's some kind of texture bug/glitch, not sure if it's the same but something similar happened to my Charr (though rarely). Not sure if it had to do with water, but suddenly there was a weird texture that looked like an eye covering his tail. If this happens regularly to you, maybe try re-installing your game client (or just repair if the launcher has such an option).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Julischka Bean.7491 said:

https://imgur.com/a/NCfhUU3

Sorry it took me so long.  My screenshot did not work.  The name of screenshot was there in the screenshot file...but no screenshot .  

Anyway, the transformation happened again just a bit ago during the Treasure hunt.  This time I did all sorts of things and this time it worked.

So here is my first attempt at linking a picure to the forums.  Fingers crossed.  If it works, I have one more.

do you have The Juggernaut equiped? (or any legendary equipment for that matter)

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Have you tried Steps 4-6 already to see if that might fix the issue?

Is your computer possibly overheating, causing graphics to break?

Huh. Is your PC compatible with DirectX 11? Such graphic glitches happened a lot when the game was migrated from DX9 to DX11, so it might be related.

Overheating?  Hmm...I don't think that was the problem or it would happen more often...Yes, it is compatible with Direct X11.

This has happened to me three times all within maybe the past 6 months.  It doesn't happen often but this last one surprised me because it was within days of the one before happening.

Also, water had nothing to do with this last one.  I am a clutz and was trying to keep from going over the edge when of the ramp when using the Zephrite  speed aspect.  I made it, but my clothes changed 🙂

And,  the second time was when I did go over the edge of the same ramp when using the speed aspect. I fell into the water and my clothes changed 🙂

1 minute ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

This has happen to me too in the Bazaar getting out of the water, it's a bug, mine cleared after a relog but you may have repair your install if it persists.

Yay!  I am not alone 🙂

The first time was months, ago but I was the waters of I think Mount Maelstrom.  I was having a fight with multiple Kraits.

I blame the Kraits..they are sore losers 🙂

• Haha 1