Something useful to do with duplicate minis, when?

The game offers us a considerable amount of minis, but it also gives us a daunting number of duplicates. I can’t stand seeing my inventory full of minis worth 2 coppers (better to just destroy them) or a "rare" 90 silvers, when with a little effort and planning, this useless amount of minis in the game could simply be converted into something usable. Dismantling the minis with some tool would be quite useful.
The result of that? I have no idea, but with the implementation of Homestead and considering that Minis are just reduced NPCs, perhaps in some future it would be useful to use this useless amount of minis to summon these NPCs and Monsters in our homes (I’m just theorizing what, for example, would be a decent use).

Currently, is there any practical use for a Mini Professor Mew in my bag every day?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

Can usually toss four in forge to get a different mini, kind of like precursor gambling. Mini Queen Jennah is the only one I know of with absolutely no use whatever . . .

Risen Balthazar Priest entered the chat

• Haha 1

You can put almost all of them in the Mystic Forge. Most will just give back another random mini (with a chance at a higher rarity) like with equipment but some have specific recipies, you can check the wiki for the ones you have if you want to find out.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Risen Balthazar Priest entered the chat

Technically, you can put that one in the forge for some obsi shards - but since it also requires 1 MC it's of course not a practical use for it...

I just checked the TP and if you're regularing getting minis which only sell for 2c that's most likely the mini sunspears from the Spearmarshal's Plea and then the fix is to stop using it. The most valuable item you can get from it is the Mini Goddess Kormir and that's only worth 55s. Other than that it's random unidentified gear and the sunspear minis. You'd be better off selling excess Eyes of Kormir directly or using them to craft or buy stuff from merchants.

15 minutes ago, Zohane.7208 said:

Technically, you can put that one in the forge for some obsi shards - but since it also requires 1 MC it's of course not a practical use for it...

I think that recipe should be adjusted. Back in 2014 when it was set up Mystic Coins were 1-2 silver each and obsidian was harder to come by, so the recipe was reasonable. Now it's a terrible idea.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 3