fresh air with spear

quake.9023

Probably not that well.

Fulgor is on a 6s (5s when traited) CD and the rest is on a 10s+ CD. Also the auto is quite weak, both in numbers and mechanically: It's a projectile that only hits 1 target for a tiny bit of damage, on a 0.75s cast time. 

Fresh Air works well for weapons that have strong auto or regular instant cast on AA / #2, like Scepter that can #2 and often #3 when you go in Air, and channel the AA before swapping to another element. 

Sword could kinda use it, because Air AA is good and you can use it for fast access to Sword #2, which is a fast cast TP and interrupt. Same for Dagger to AA or get instant access to Shock Aura. Even then, it's not that good on those weapons.

Spear has even worse than those for Fresh Air, with no good instant cast on Air besides some superspeed, which you already get from One with Air, and a lack cluster AA.

Even if they buff the damage of the AA with release, and make Fulgor not a joke, it'll likely stay the same for Fresh Air due to the aforementioned issues.

For WvW, Bolt to the Heart or Lightning Rod (this one badly needs a buff) would work better.

15 hours ago, Jeyzer.1605 said:

For WvW, Bolt to the Heart or Lightning Rod (this one badly needs a buff) would work better.

Bolt to the heart is bad for breaking sustain in small scale fights and lighting rod is useless against all the cele perma-stab builds.  At least fresh air gives you something to work with.

8 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

It will work well with weaver so you can jump back into echts with dule skills and doble air atument.

I don't think it would actually be a big deal there. You can get back into air faster, but the etching will probably still be on cooldown. If you really like the air auto and skill 2, then I guess you could use it to quickly transition from from any starting attunement pair to air/X, so you can build up the etching for X while using the air auto and skill 2. However, I don't think spear is going to be a weapon where air 1 and 2 are going to be so much better than other elements that it's worth spending a GM trait on.

I guess we'll see in a few days or weeks as people figure out how to best use it, though.

Edited by draxynnic.3719

47 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I don't think it would actually be a big deal there. You can get back into air faster, but the etching will probably still be on cooldown. If you really like the air auto and skill 2, then I guess you could use it to quickly transition from from any starting attunement pair to air/X, so you can build up the etching for X while using the air auto and skill 2. However, I don't think spear is going to be a weapon where air 1 and 2 are going to be so much better than other elements that it's worth spending a GM trait on.

I guess we'll see in a few days or weeks as people figure out how to best use it, though.

The trick is that your going to be able to swap into ectch as well as always going to have an atument ready to swap into due to the cdr on the duel skill of doble atument. Kind of an fire air into fire fire back into air fire (as well into air air for the ectch) what should be very fast. You should nearly have an atument ready to swap out of air to swap back into air all of the time. Where tempest and cata even core runs out of non air atuments (weaver dose to on non spear weapons but it takes them a bit longer.)

I do not rember how good air ectch was mind you but with the longer duration you should be able to atument dance with the duel skill to trigger an full air ectch most of the time.