Welcome to the Beta Test?

Couldn't complete the first open event I happened upon because the basket guy was... stuck in a door? Because too many people were trying to participate, someone suggested. Too many people clicking to open the door. Hmm. Somewhat disappointing, after all that enthralling, fully-voiced exposition. Oh, well. /e confused face

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

Followup: I am happy to report that every other event I've encountered in this Lowland Shore map seems to be working properly. Although I must say that I am SO over the floor being lava all. the. kitten. time. So there! /e grumpy warclaw face

• Confused 2

There's an unwritten rule that you don't play MMO expansions on release day if you don't want to deal with bugs. The problems in GW2 are almost always minor, but the same still applies. They do have QA testers but some things will always get through, either because there wasn't time to fix every little problem or because it didn't happen until it went live and thousands of people were poking at it.

(It's an old story now but in one of my old jobs we got an updated version of our database. It was tested by all the end users on the same PCs we'd use for the final version, we all confirmed it worked and the only change after that was where it was saved. Somehow moving it to a different folder on the server introduced a bug where clicking the empty space next to a button triggered a pop-up asking if you want to save, and clicking yes crashed the whole program. It never happened in testing and there should have been no changes which could cause something like that, but that's computers for you.)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CombineFiftyFour.1632 said:

So... you count rifts, that are required to progress through the story, not spawning to be a minor bug?
That would have been a showstopper in my book.

All the testers had to do was use the item to track rifts to know it was bugged.  Makes you wonder.  /smh

Edited by illuminati.8453
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

First time on release day?  There are always bugs and weirdness on the first day in any game.   

Basket guy doesn't work, but so far other events seem just fine.  

I caught that event again later. Keep some warclaw cubs from eating cabbages by picking them up and putting them in a shed or barn or something like that. Just me and one other person were there. It worked so long as we didn't both click to open the door at the same time. Had to wait a few seconds between clicks.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, illuminati.8453 said:

All the testers had to do was use the item to track rifts to know it was bugged.  Makes you wonder.  /smh

It is not ALL rifts that doesnt work, was only in first map but rifts worked perfectly fine except one that took few tries/people to activate.

• Like 1