[Feedback] Janthir Wilds Fishing

I Would just like to give my feedback on the new fishing track introduced with the expansion.

First of all its taken me a little over 6 hours to complete the track consisting of 12 fish: 6 for lowland shore, 6 for Janthir Syntri.
In total i gathered over 500 items (went through 5 lures), because these fishing holes produce fish from several areas (Seitung, Shiverpeaks, Kryta, Maguuma, Ascalon, aswell as World Class and Saltwater). This is at least a pool of 145 different fish that I'm trying to gather 12 from.

The UI kind of broke tradition, where each line would be separate for a different node or different map, in this case the top line is formatted correctly for Lowland Shore, going from Fine rarity to Exotic, but the last fish (Juvenile Frogfish) going back to fine, intended for the next line which would be Janthir Syntri, this one fish just needs moving down a line and it would be fine.

My Last bit of Feedback for this fishing track,  Can we please go back to having favoured bait's? Every single fish here has no favoured baits, and coming off nodes which can produce fish from 8 different possible regions makes it so frustrating to gather from. 

I do apologise if this sounds negative, i love fishing, but 6 hours for 12 fish, feels a bit excessive when it purely comes to this amount of RNG. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2024 at 12:24 PM, who want blood.8765 said:

I Would just like to give my feedback on the new fishing track introduced with the expansion.

First of all its taken me a little over 6 hours to complete the track consisting of 12 fish: 6 for lowland shore, 6 for Janthir Syntri.
In total i gathered over 500 items (went through 5 lures), because these fishing holes produce fish from several areas (Seitung, Shiverpeaks, Kryta, Maguuma, Ascalon, aswell as World Class and Saltwater). This is at least a pool of 145 different fish that I'm trying to gather 12 from.

The UI kind of broke tradition, where each line would be separate for a different node or different map, in this case the top line is formatted correctly for Lowland Shore, going from Fine rarity to Exotic, but the last fish (Juvenile Frogfish) going back to fine, intended for the next line which would be Janthir Syntri, this one fish just needs moving down a line and it would be fine.

My Last bit of Feedback for this fishing track,  Can we please go back to having favoured bait's? Every single fish here has no favoured baits, and coming off nodes which can produce fish from 8 different possible regions makes it so frustrating to gather from. 

I do apologise if this sounds negative, i love fishing, but 6 hours for 12 fish, feels a bit excessive when it purely comes to this amount of RNG. 

Are there any freshwater fishing holes in JS? All I can find are brackish and salt-water. I've not seen a guide for which fishing hole is where.

I have 3 fish left to catch and one of them is the juvenile frogfish. I'm finding the lack of fishing holes/without mobs that attack you from underneath tedious.

• Confused 1

Yes. That's a problem. After doing a lot and ending up with 5/6 (one of the middle ones missing) in Lowlands I did put the rest on a lower priority again. Seems they don't intend do expand this anymore for this expansion  like with SotO. Otherwise there would have been parts with a question mark in the achievement. (Fish to only be released later.)

Fishing is in maintenance mode. We can expect further releases to have a similar setup. Where it seems they wanted new players to be able to "catch up" by getting fish from a lot of older nodes by just gatherint these new nodes. Making it harder to complete. (+ other than the AP and being a completionist there is no real reason fo fish anyways ... after having done the main stuff for your titles)

• Confused 1

I haven't done Janthari yet but five hundred casts to clear the cheeve doesn't seem way out of bounds to me compared to other fishing cheeves . . ?

The formatting of the cheeve did strike me as sloppy as well, and reinforced the idea that most of the effort of this release went into the first map . . .

I'm not sure how I feel about the bait requirement. Would I rather face a few more casts to get my cheeve or buy/swap baits every time I need a new fish? Both are a little annoying, but as of now I don't mind that bait has become optional . . .

No one has mentioned the homestead nodes. Can you get the Janthari track fish from those or no . . ?

Edited by Gop.8713
Home instance, Homestead blah blah blah . . .

On 8/22/2024 at 1:24 AM, who want blood.8765 said:

This is at least a pool of 145 different fish that I'm trying to gather 12 from.

this needs correcting:
you seem to be under the false assumption that ALL fish from other regions are available in Janthir. (145 is over half the fish in the game Btw)

in fact across the 7 new nodes, only 35 fish are available from other regions.

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 1