How many more expansions we have to wait for a REAL scalable UI?

UI scaling which is independent of the actual screen resolution, aka UI element should be the same physical size on the screen in 4k and 1080p also.

It is really unfortunate that in 4k the UI elements are really small, even in the Larger mode.

Why cant we have a normalized scaling for the UI, like many other mmos?

Edited by jhnsmth.2641
clarity of purpose
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

• jhnsmth.2641 changed the title to How many more expansions we have to wait for a REAL scalable UI?
1 hour ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Maybe use the dpi scaling option? I'm sure that is what it's made for

It scales all the elements the same. And is very limited in its settings. It  just wasnt made for larger resolutions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Cuks.8241 said:

It scales all the elements the same. And is very limited in its settings. It  just wasnt made for larger resolutions.

What do you mean? I'm in 4k resolution, and it's working fine, the ui is at a normal size.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

What do you mean? I'm in 4k resolution, and it's working fine, the ui is at a normal size.

My quote was strange, it's not really connected to DPI scaling and resolution. What I would wish is being able to scale different elements independently. Specifically boon and condi tables for target and player I would like to increase in size relative to other elements and chat smaller.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, jhnsmth.2641 said:

It is a shame, Guild Wars 1 had so much better UI options from this company.

And it was 19 years before. 😁

So true!
I remember being disappointed with GW2's UI even on release when compared to the incredibly flexible GW1 one.
GW1's UI was so flexible, I couldn't understand why players were having to download mods to make WOW's interface more user-friendly, as GW1 had all of that functionality built in.
With GW2 being an evolution of the same engine, I really couldn't understand why they had abandoned that game's UI flexibility.
The assets and functionality were already built-in!
Surely it's actually more work to reduce that functionality and replace the UI with a worse one?

And hey, your players aren't getting any younger, and our eyesight probably isn't what it used to be!
😁

Edited by Mungrul.9358
younger NOT older!
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

And hey, your players aren't getting older, and our eyesight probably isn't what it used to be!
😁

Time for glasses then! 😄

Kidding aside, I would love to be able to customize the UI more. especially the boon table and things like enemy health bars. 

• Like 3

I'd like the squad UI being changed too.

I want to know which group# I'm in when I don't use the raster view, but only group view.

I want to find myself in a squad faster than by mouse hovering. I know I've ha slight, very slight, whitish frame around my icon but that's too subtle for me.

I want to find my commander faster in the squad.

I want my group mates have large health bars and not the entire squad. In sub groups only my sub group matters.

I want to be able to tell who is in my group when I look at the screen, and on the minimap. I know the minimap shows your group members in a slight ligher blue hue than the others but again that's too subtle. 

I want to see my commander'S tag at all times. But it's covered by names and damage numbers. The personal target is covered by dmg numbers too.

I don't want subtle. I want it to spring into my eyes.

I want an empty "skill" bar that I can place whereever and that I can fill (drag n drop) with stuff from my inventory for fast access.

Edited by Tula.6021
  • Like 1