Woad armor CANNOT be wvw only??

At the momment, the woad armor, the iconic armor from the Koddan, is only accessible trough WvW, how can that be?

From Janthir itself, you only get 2 sets of armors, which are the same accross all armor classes, and they are quite odd looking, novelty at best regarding the feel of Janthir, and then the armor you see all over the Koddans, that has a distinct look for each armor class, that realy match the Janthir Wilds expansion,  is gated behind about 100hrs of WvW??

I get that they desperatly need to attract ppl to WvW, but this is very low from anet and realy feels like it is beeing stolen from Janthir itself.

This is not agaisnt WvW or forcing ppl into WvW, just that in this case, it feals like betrayal, one of the most interesting reward from Janthir, is just WvW farm, for many ppl that amount of time is more that they will spend in Janthir.

While by the words, they delivered what they promised (2 armor from Janthir), i think there is a line beteween delivering the bare minimum you advertised and respecting your players.I trully hope that this is not the case, that there is a way, despite the absence of feedback from Anet, and the lack of anything that would suggest it now that the API is back online.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Vorgoth.8597 said:

is gated behind about 100hrs of WvW??

That's some intense hyperbole you got going on there lol

I always love how when WvWers have to do PVE to get stuff we need we get told "Just play the game it's not so bad!" When the opposite happens and PVE players have to get a gift of battle or a completely aesthetic item like Woad armor, they absolutely it's portrayed as the absolute end of the world and completely unjust bordering on criminal... lol

Edited by Solomon Darkfury.3729
Added context
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

That's some intense hyperbole you got going on there lol

Aint it about 4 hours per track times 18 so 72 hours right not that much of a hyperbole.

Edit.

But yea OP a new thread was not needed when one was already on this page afew lines down.

Edited by Linken.6345

Someone said it was also from the same track in spvp. So there is a Player vs Player armor set, and a PvE armor set (there is the set you can buy in your homestead, Polychromatic) plus another crafted set (Titanplate).

So there is 3 sets. Like the special wizard vault even says. 

• Like 1

As much as I am primarily a wvw player these days it does seem weird that the armor set most associated with pve npcs in the expansion is acquired in wvw. Personally I would have preferred to get the polychromatic set via wvw reward track.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

As much as I am primarily a wvw player these days it does seem weird that the armor set most associated with pve npcs in the expansion is acquired in wvw. Personally I would have preferred to get the polychromatic set via wvw reward track.

Polychromatic does make sort of sense being a reward track armor set. However as it is similar to stained glass, it matches the concept of home decorating. The kodan warrior armor makes sense in pvp/wvw.